Video clips by jr, lcgm8, mafa and others

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Video clips by jr, lcgm8, mafa and others

Postby JR » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:24 pm

This looks like a professionally done video from The Australian Disc Golf Championship 2011:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6gOcf5Eq-E
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JR » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:39 am

Vilnius Open 2012 footage from Lithuania:

Here is a guy that thinks he has thrown 200 meters at sea level in freak winds. He does not believe in running in a straight line at the target. While it is true that he gets more power from the weight shift of the body back to front and rotationally i posit that it shortens the time window during which the disc is moving at the target. Which makes accuracy and repetition more difficult. So it is a good data point and something to think about. And a training matter to even be able to say is it worth it for you to add power and make the throw more complex. The more you play in dry warm weather with great traction the less running in a curve is a problem for accuracy and scores. It ain't terribly difficult to learn to throw like that in good conditions but at least i have terrible problems with it in wet weather on slippery tees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkfTI9AK ... r_embedded

More footage but please note that DG is a relatively new sport in the Baltic states. It shows for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTabRL7y ... re=related
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:17 pm

Not exactly video but great 3D stills from the European Open 2009 from a Finnish pro media guy. If you have red/cyan glasses click C ana below the images and slideshow on to enjoy:

http://www.stereoikkuna.fi/images/dg_euopen/index.html
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Wed May 09, 2012 7:03 pm

Red/cyan glasses are needed to view these 3D images i took at Tali Open 2012 on Friday. I don't have other stills from the event. I have plenty of videos that aren't converted yet. The videos converted by the software from the camera manufacturer have lots of artefacts the stills are less hurt by the conversion process.

http://www.mediafire.com/?em43ku410fd424p

Here are pictures others took:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir? ... feat=email
http://jarih.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Tali+Open+2012/
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Wed May 09, 2012 9:25 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?wxbw2pcvs7tgsxp

Round 1 action from Tali Open 2012. Filmed by Olli the rest are my fault. These videos are converted to red/cyan by the software from the camera manufacturer so they aren't nearly as good looking as lcgm8 enhanced ones in seven drives with Avery Jenkins video. Of course those were side by side format.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Wed May 09, 2012 10:07 pm

JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Sat May 26, 2012 1:07 am

Weekly competitions at the two courses in Tampere, Finland.

The first is organized by Disc Golf Club Tampere at Vihioja:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjixmzbuUAU&feature=plcp

Epilä course with a new disc golf club Tampereen frisbeegolfseura organizing the event:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWlONNF43gM

Epilä park hosted The European Open 2009 and earlier EOs but normally the park has fewer holes and many EO holes are longer than the regular course.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Steady 26542 » Tue May 29, 2012 8:44 pm

Nice work as always. Fun to watch.
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby Craig Smolin » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:41 am

Any SDGO 2012 coverage in the pipeline? We miss your Euro-Tourney coverage on this side of the world ...
The University of Michigan - "Hail to the Victors" - Class of '99
Drivers: TLs, Sidewinders, Wraiths
Mid-ranges: Shark, Meteor, Buzzz, Wasp
Putters: Wizards
Craig Smolin
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:38 pm

Sorry we weren't in Stockholm. I filmed Tali Open but the editor gets his hands on the work only after the season is dying down. He's active in his club arranging events and competing on top of work and family life. lcgm8 bought awesome new stuff and depending on how it works we might be able to provide _kick ass_ footage from a later non Euro Tour event.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:14 am

I didn't have anything more to do with this video other than telling the TD i couldn't make it to the event.

I like the fact that they had 3 cameras so they had enough time to move forward early enough to set up their gear stable enough to use a tripod (always slower to operate than a monopod). And even more because they show different angles than what i was able to in 2010 so you get a new sense of the holes and new vistas.

Here is the Stockholm Disc Golf Open 2012 final of the open men division:
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Steady 26542 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:38 pm

Very nice. Beautiful course!
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Mixed Bag Madness » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:39 pm

Excellent as always. 8) I wish all disc golf videos were this good.
PA1s-Rocs-FLX Drones-Teebirds-D3s-Destroyers-D1s
Mixed Bag Madness
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pumpkin Rocs

Postby JR » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:03 am

I didn't make this video team zerocoolace did.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Steady 26542 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:27 am

JR, you guys seem to be able to follow the disc in flight very well. This last video, while very good, had trouble doing so. Is it because of the distance their camera's are set up away from the thrower or what? (I'm sure it's your superior skill. :mrgreen: ) Just curious.
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

PreviousNext

Return to Video Critique