8000th post on DGR.

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: 8000th post on DGR.

Postby veganray » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:53 pm

Ya know, Frank, I really took your post to heart. Maybe I should be funnier, and maybe I should be a little less flippant with my Photoshop technique. So, I spent the last two hours glued to my graphics tablet, feverishly performing photoplasty on every permutation of humorous things I could think of. Nothing I created lived up to the masterful mix of side-splitting hilarity and technical virtuosity that you demand in a 2000th post.

I tried poking fun at you, 'shopping doughy faces & feminine visors on every freakin' thing I could find. Nothing.

I tried poking fun at myself, placing a luxurious ponytail & a horde of fawning fangirls on every freakin' thing I could find. Nothing (though a combination of the last two techniques showed a little promise).

My Little Pony? Nothing.

Insane blabbering Finns? Nothing.

I even morphed prerube onto Danny Kaye's body from 1947's "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty", but I knew even that would not pass your R. Lee Ermey-esque comedic muster.

Well, this really pissed me off. Goddammit, nobody points out Vegan Ray's shortcomings, and anyone who dares try must pay! So, abandoning my less-than-stellar Photoshop skills in lieu of my somewhat-better-than-average black hat computer skills, I decided to hack your phone & install as much malicious code as I could before you caught on & threw the thing in a lake.

Little did I know that such unseemly means would not be necessary. Upon inspection of your "Photos", I uncovered a shot that, while much more sad than funny & not requiring a pixel of editing in Photoshop, is well worthy of post #2000. Enjoy, bitches!

BTW - keltik can't read for shit.
Last edited by veganray on Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby Parks » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:48 pm

Timko wrote:JR just his 8k too.

Yeah, but you can't really compare 8k one-liners with 8k novellas.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby keltik » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:56 pm

veganray that doesn't really count as photoshop that is just a normal photo of Frank.

I'm amazed JR can still throw a disc. He has to have insane carpel tunnel from all the typing he does. unless he has some special software that takes his speech in finnish and translates to english and automatically posts it here.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Leopard » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:59 pm

keltik wrote:special software that takes his speech in finnish and translates to english and automatically posts it here.

Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Parks » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:21 pm

keltik wrote:veganray that doesn't really count as photoshop that is just a normal photo of Frank.

That was the joke that VR made, but you repeating it here definitely adds... something.
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jesse B 707 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:23 pm

Parks wrote:
Timko wrote:JR just his 8k too.

Yeah, but you can't really compare 8k one-liners with 8k novellas.

I'm pretty sure at this point that JR is just running a computer program that loosely fits together english words, tosses in a few DG buzz words for legitimacy and posts a 1000 word essay at least 3 times a day.
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:39 pm

I should have known if I made that video with Biscoe that eventually Ray would get pics from it.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Parks » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:39 pm

With some of the gibberish I've seen when I've skimmed his posts, that probably isn't too far off. It can't all be lost in translation, so some of it has to be pure crazy or a poorly written AI program.
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Parks » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:41 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:I should have known if I made that video with Biscoe that eventually Ray would get pics from it.

Sillybizz is getting a forum boner over your pic as well. http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/sho ... 319&page=6 (may need a login to read since its in the off-topic section).
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby dgdave » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:55 pm

8000 posts is like, so 3 years ago.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby keltik » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:56 pm

It's taken you guys this long to realize that I don't read anything anyone else writes.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby JR » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:28 pm

veganray wrote:Ya know, Frank, I really took your post to heart. Maybe I should be funnier, and maybe I should be a little less flippant with my Photoshop technique. So, I spent the last two hours glued to my graphics tablet, feverishly performing photoplasty on every permutation of humorous things I could think of. Nothing I created lived up to the masterful mix of side-splitting hilarity and technical virtuosity that you demand in a 2000th post.

I tried poking fun at you, 'shopping doughy faces & feminine visors on every freakin' thing I could find. Nothing.

I tried poking fun at myself, placing a luxurious ponytail & a horde of fawning fangirls on every freakin' thing I could find. Nothing (though a combination of the last two techniques showed a little promise).

My Little Pony? Nothing.

Insane blabbering Finns? Nothing.

I even morphed prerube onto Danny Kaye's body from 1947's "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty", but I knew even that would not pass your R. Lee Ermey-esque comedic muster.

Well, this really pissed me off. Goddammit, nobody points out Vegan Ray's shortcomings, and anyone who dares try must pay! So, abandoning my less-than-stellar Photoshop skills in lieu of my somewhat-better-than-average black hat computer skills, I decided to hack your phone & install as much malicious code as I could before you caught on & threw the thing in a lake.

Little did I know that such unseemly means would not be necessary. Upon inspection of your "Photos", I uncovered a shot that, while much more sad than funny & not requiring a pixel of editing in Photoshop, is well worthy of post #2000. Enjoy, bitches!

BTW - keltik can't read for shit.

Lots of lolz in this thread but i don't plan on making a spectacle on any post count. I just spread the funnees all over to many posts.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:47 pm

Well you must have spread one joke over all 8000 posts cuz I've never caught one.
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Parks » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:03 pm

I thought the "True professionals" or whatever thread was pretty funny. I'm just not sure if any of that was intentional.
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jsun3thousand » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:17 pm

Leopard wrote:
keltik wrote:special software that takes his speech in finnish and translates to english and automatically posts it here.

jr's translator has the random nazi analogy add-on.
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.