pure(ly) awesome

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: pure(ly) awesome

Postby Leopard » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:58 pm

it's all the space-tits you've heard and more
keltik wrote:I think ZAM had the right idea.
dgdave wrote:Listen to ZAM.
jsun3thousand wrote:zam is already in your pants.
i post things at facebook.com/PostID
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Jeronimo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:23 pm

Leopard wrote:it's all the space-tits you've heard and more

This.

Also, to what Frank said, I must be crazy because when I throw an Anode the word "glide" never crosses my mind. Perhaps its just an untrained eye but I really couldn't give the Anode a definitive glide edge over the Pure since every time I throw my Anodes it feels like I'm watching them drop out of the sky like a brick. I'm betting weight is a factor here though. It's like I told the guys over on DGCR, the Anode is still a GREAT disc but it just didn't fit me like the Pure does. Although, unlike Frank I don't see any reason to carry both because I feel they perform the same job albeit in a slightly different manner.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Leopard » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:35 pm

my view is that Anodes are a little on the normal-to-brickish side on low speed / short putts, but on high spin they glide like crazy.

even as a non-Pure thrower, i can appreciate the quality of the plastic and molding on the Optos. they definitely didn't fuck it up.
keltik wrote:I think ZAM had the right idea.
dgdave wrote:Listen to ZAM.
jsun3thousand wrote:zam is already in your pants.
i post things at facebook.com/PostID
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Leopard wrote:my view is that Anodes are a little on the normal-to-brickish side on low speed / short putts, but on high spin they glide like crazy.

This is it, all MVP discs have bad low speed glide but the anode has great glide when thrown as a driver with good spin. That combined with them being kinda faster than aviars and wizards and whatnot make them a long driving putter.

I did get out to the local pitch and putt and threw the pure and anode against each other and again while they are close, the deflashed pure didn't really like holding longer hyzers and loved anny drives while the anode still excels at straight and hyzer lines.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby keltik » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:01 pm

Now I'm curious. How would a Pure/Anode/Dart throw off end up?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Jeronimo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:55 pm

Pure would crush all competitors in a fiery field of death.

...but I'm biased.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:03 pm

Dart would go the farthest, pure the straightest, anode would work a million lines and grab it's dick as it flew by.
Frank Delicious

Postby Booter » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:15 pm

more like YOU would grab its dick as it flew by
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:22 pm

gay
Frank Delicious

Postby JR » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:36 am

Frank Delicious wrote:
Leopard wrote:my view is that Anodes are a little on the normal-to-brickish side on low speed / short putts, but on high spin they glide like crazy.

This is it, all MVP discs have bad low speed glide but the anode has great glide when thrown as a driver with good spin. That combined with them being kinda faster than aviars and wizards and whatnot make them a long driving putter.

I did get out to the local pitch and putt and threw the pure and anode against each other and again while they are close, the deflashed pure didn't really like holding longer hyzers and loved anny drives while the anode still excels at straight and hyzer lines.

I agree about the fade on push putts but spin putts make medium Anodes fade less. Still my opaque soft Ion fades even less so that's my putter.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:19 pm

If I could get an anode or Ion to quit with the random cut thrus on putts, I might actually use one but I get really tired of hitting center-right chains and the thing cutting all the way through the sweet spot and falling out. Its a combo of the spin putt I use and the plastic of the MVP putters.
Frank Delicious

Postby JR » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:33 pm

I need to putt low in the winters to not let any discs bounce out of chains covered by ice. The chain/ice combo is totally rigid on one course with large caliber chains. I putt with a fairly similar aiming in the summer too. With low putts only a little over the headricks i haven't noticed bogus cut throughs. The baskets probably stop the disc.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby dehaas » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:01 pm

i asked the same questions over on dgcr and figured i would get much better information here...as a wizard thrower how would i find the pure useful? i carry 4 wizards, a beat light one, 2 pretty straight ones, and an glideless brick evo. i didn't know if they perform a certain type of shot better than a wizard, or if they would complement in any way, or could serve as a replacement.

i'm pretty content with my wizards at the moment but was curious as to what those who have thrown both have to say.
dehaas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: wizard

Postby sunspot » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:04 pm

I've switched over to the Pure. I was putting with the Magnet but never really liked the feel. The Pure feels great in the hand. I was practicing inside my apartment and could tell that Pure isn't going to require as much of a lob as the Magnet requires. With the Pure I am able to "run" at the basket. It is what I wanted in a putter.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:47 pm

dehaas wrote:i asked the same questions over on dgcr and figured i would get much better information here...as a wizard thrower how would i find the pure useful? i carry 4 wizards, a beat light one, 2 pretty straight ones, and an glideless brick evo. i didn't know if they perform a certain type of shot better than a wizard, or if they would complement in any way, or could serve as a replacement.

i'm pretty content with my wizards at the moment but was curious as to what those who have thrown both have to say.

You could use one as a premium version of one of your straight ones. Also it is faster and can be thrown farther on a lower line.
Frank Delicious

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment