Blizzard and Mamba. For all the negative people

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Blizzard and Mamba. For all the negative people

Postby Samble » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:06 am

Has anyone thrown Blizzard Apes or TeeDevils yet?
Samble
Noob
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:37 pm
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Favorite Disc: Rhyno

Re: Blizzard and Mamba. For all the negative people

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:06 am

I threw a teedevil and much like it's heavier counterparts, it's not as good as the destroyer.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: Blizzard and Mamba. For all the negative people

Postby Jelyman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:55 am

I've thrown the teedevil and apes. The teedevil was just seemed like a more consistent wraith, so I'm not real sure what it's suppose to be, lol.

The ape I liked. Straight with a good fade to finish. The boss and the ape I don't mind throwing in some headwind. Still easy enough to get it where you want.

My thoughts on the blizzards.....pretty much what's been said. Even in calm or no wind they can be inconsistent if you are not consistent. They are more nose sensitive, especially the wraith and katana IMO. And a cross wind seems like enemy number one if accuracy is anywhere in your plans.

Also I was toying with a mamba as my new roller disc but so fr it's been meh. Anyone else rolling mambas?
Jelyman
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:55 am
Location: Idaho
Favorite Disc: River

Re: Blizzard and Mamba. For all the negative people

Postby jubuttib » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:24 pm

Jelyman wrote:My thoughts on the blizzards.....pretty much what's been said. Even in calm or no wind they can be inconsistent if you are not consistent.
That's every disc ever right there.

I can't really agree with the nose angle part, I've noticed nothing like that.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word
User avatar
 
Posts: 5447
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Finland
Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Re: Blizzard and Mamba. For all the negative people

Postby Jelyman » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:53 pm

Lol I must have been tired or something when I wrote that beautiful sentence. Idk the nose angle...the wraiths had to be thrown just right it seemed. Shrug.
Jelyman
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:55 am
Location: Idaho
Favorite Disc: River

Re: Blizzard and Mamba. For all the negative people

Postby turso » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:29 pm

Almost everyone's been saying the bliz wraiths are pretty shit, that could be the issue.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.


NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions
User avatar
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:45 pm
Location: Finland, Kuopio
Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Re: Blizzard and Mamba. For all the negative people

Postby veganray » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:19 pm

I like the Wraiths - best of all the Blizzs IMHO.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.


Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2206
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:29 pm
Location: the defense table
Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Re: Blizzard and Mamba. For all the negative people

Postby JR » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:32 pm

The 134 Wraith i have is crap for my power but the 150 is usable albeit finicky especially on low lines. As always the weight of a Bliz disc must be matched to the power of the thrower just like any other discs. Weight matching is more critical with Bliz because they come in so low weights that it is easy to end up with way too light discs for your power. The Wraith is the slowest Bliz disc now so it suits sub 400' throwers the best also having the least fade along with the Katana.

I can't make a comparison between my Bliz Teedevil and Bliz Destro because the Teedevil is 150 and the Destro 134 i think. And i have no other Teedevils and am not interested in getting any. Also i have not thrown those two in the same session with good traction. Teedevil in Bliz is not as piggish as the Destro. I have no business throwing the Destro 134 in this weather at least for anything but left finishes because i lack the power. They fade out for me although at pretty good distances. That are surpassed by the longest regular discs and longer Bliz molds. So what's the point in a Bliz Destro for me? Floating in water it seems because regular discs can fade hard too. That 134 Destro is easily the most reliable floating disc i have encountered or heard of so it has that going for it. the Teedevil seemed to be usable as a regular golf disc at that weight. But it is surpassed by other discs. Not bad though. For those needing light long discs with good fade it works but i have not yet thrown my Bliz 156 Boss and won't buy an Ape in Bliz. I suspect that the Boss will be better than the Teedevil.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11464
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Blizzard and Mamba. For all the negative people

Postby aubfaninga » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:07 pm

JR wrote:The 134 Wraith i have is crap for my power but the 150 is usable albeit finicky especially on low lines. As always the weight of a Bliz disc must be matched to the power of the thrower just like any other discs. Weight matching is more critical with Bliz because they come in so low weights that it is easy to end up with way too light discs for your power. The Wraith is the slowest Bliz disc now so it suits sub 400' throwers the best also having the least fade along with the Katana.

I can't make a comparison between my Bliz Teedevil and Bliz Destro because the Teedevil is 150 and the Destro 134 i think. And i have no other Teedevils and am not interested in getting any. Also i have not thrown those two in the same session with good traction. Teedevil in Bliz is not as piggish as the Destro. I have no business throwing the Destro 134 in this weather at least for anything but left finishes because i lack the power. They fade out for me although at pretty good distances. That are surpassed by the longest regular discs and longer Bliz molds. So what's the point in a Bliz Destro for me? Floating in water it seems because regular discs can fade hard too. That 134 Destro is easily the most reliable floating disc i have encountered or heard of so it has that going for it. the Teedevil seemed to be usable as a regular golf disc at that weight. But it is surpassed by other discs. Not bad though. For those needing light long discs with good fade it works but i have not yet thrown my Bliz 156 Boss and won't buy an Ape in Bliz. I suspect that the Boss will be better than the Teedevil.


Good info. I had thought about trying the Teedevil but if what I am reading (and it's consistant) is true then I can skip the Blizz Teedevil. My 150 Wraith is working pretty good for me. Again I have a weak arm so the blizz wraith seems to resist fade and glide just a little more than my star wraith giving me about 20 to 30 ft more distance. Which is still only about a 325 ft long hyzer. I have not played in tornado conditions yet but I am sure when I do I will put my blizz away, along with alot of other discs
aubfaninga
Noob
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:47 pm
Favorite Disc: Mamba

Re: Blizzard and Mamba. For all the negative people

Postby JR » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:32 pm

At that power the next least fading Bliz disc now the Katana may work in some weight. I throw 160s Nukes to over 400' on line drives if you include skips. A 134 Katana is stupid for me. A 150 is very touchy but usable for wide tall s-curves and a 156 is more generally usable although not very forgiving. Who knows what weight would suite you or if the Katana is good for your power level. So low weights have not been possible before so there is little data about how it works. You'd need to ask people who throw as far as you do.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11464
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Blizzard and Mamba. For all the negative people

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:57 pm

Mambas are just not as good as a seasoned pro Wraith, Blizzard discs are awesome. End of story
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar
User avatar
 
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 am
Location: *NorCal*
Favorite Disc: ROC

Re: Blizzard and Mamba. For all the negative people

Postby aubfaninga » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:29 am

Jesse B 707 wrote:Mambas are just not as good as a seasoned pro Wraith, Blizzard discs are awesome. End of story


Because of my weak arm Mambas work like a super long distance roadrunner. I am still not to the point of making my wraith do much more than a clean long hyzer. Every wraith that I throw including my blizz is very very predictable. I know where I want to throw it and it always lands about 20 ft short. :? I have a beat in DX Wraith that I can throw straight but that does not count.
aubfaninga
Noob
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:47 pm
Favorite Disc: Mamba

Re: Blizzard and Mamba. For all the negative people

Postby chainz4ever » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:29 am

I don't know if anyone has tried the Blizzard Dominators yet, however, they are surprisingly awesome!!! If you have the chance to throw one of them give it a huck!!! My thought is that its is an understable destroyer / overstable wraith!
chainz4ever
Noob
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:33 am
Favorite Disc: Classic Roc

Re: Blizzard and Mamba. For all the negative people

Postby TOURNEYPLAYER » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:15 am

I just played a rd yesterday with an older guy who does not have much power and he was crushing his mamba. holes that he normally would have to look for a place 200 ft ahead to land he was throwing at the basket. and after every drive he would say "God I love the Mamba." It really seemed to work for him. and it made him a better golfer. so I dont get all the negativity. I wont be throwing one, but that doesnt mean its a piece of crap.
TOURNEYPLAYER
I bugged Frank for a rank and got this as my rank. WOOOO Frank rules!
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:57 pm
Location: behind you
Favorite Disc: ZONE BITCHES

Re: Blizzard and Mamba. For all the negative people

Postby Jelyman » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:59 am

chainz4ever wrote:I don't know if anyone has tried the Blizzard Dominators yet, however, they are surprisingly awesome!!! If you have the chance to throw one of them give it a huck!!! My thought is that its is an understable destroyer / overstable wraith!


To me this sound lie the teedevil.
Jelyman
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:55 am
Location: Idaho
Favorite Disc: River

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests