Power 90 workout

While mechanics are crucial to the disc golf throw, it's important to have your body in shape to throw. Talk about conditioning and injuries here.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Power 90 workout

Postby mzuleger » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:18 pm

Ironhide wrote:
mzuleger wrote:
Ironhide wrote:
mzuleger wrote:.... or you could buy a better DVD program from a guy who is active on the forums here. Me. my program: Revolt Workout

:roll:

Where's the "middle finger smiley" when I need it?

Not to burst your bubble. I understand you want to help people and make some extra money. But calling a DVD series 'customizable' is a joke... There's nothing customizable about it.... All cookie cutter....

You don't know what you're talking about. I create a diet based on the persons needs... I arrange the DVD's based on the person's goals... I show how to engage specific muscle fibers.... I create a plan for you based on the amount of days you are able to work out. How do those features not create a customized product? How is that cookie cutter?
mzuleger
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: I have issues.

Postby Ironhide » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:06 am

Oh where to begin the list. First, I notice you work(ed) at Gold Gyms, if you still work there, more than likely you're using the APEX nutrition program. So either you're using your companies resources which is against policy, or you're using cookie cutter meal programs that you already have. Second, unless you are a nutritionist/certified dietician, you cannot give out exact meal programs for people to follow. You can use them as guides, nothing more.

Clients plateau not only on workouts, but individual exercises. So not even knowing the people or their previous experience, how they react to exercises, etc... how can you possibly come up with a customized program for them? Easy answer, You can't! And engaging specific muscle fibers? Changing set/reps isn't that hard. Again, if you want to help people and make money, stick to people that are in person, not virtual. Cause larger programs like P90X will have you beat anyday.
My Bag: DX - Aviar Putter - 170g & 175g | DX - Shark - 168g | DX - Roc - 168g & 175g | Pro-D Buzz - 170g | Champion - Leopard - 171g | Star - Teebird(TL) - 171g | DX/Star - Sidewinder - 168g/171g | DX - Beast - 170g
Ironhide
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc & Shark

Postby mzuleger » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:59 am

Ironhide wrote:Oh where to begin the list. First, I notice you work(ed) at Gold Gyms, if you still work there, more than likely you're using the APEX nutrition program. So either you're using your companies resources which is against policy, or you're using cookie cutter meal programs that you already have. Second, unless you are a nutritionist/certified dietician, you cannot give out exact meal programs for people to follow. You can use them as guides, nothing more.

Clients plateau not only on workouts, but individual exercises. So not even knowing the people or their previous experience, how they react to exercises, etc... how can you possibly come up with a customized program for them? Easy answer, You can't! And engaging specific muscle fibers? Changing set/reps isn't that hard. Again, if you want to help people and make money, stick to people that are in person, not virtual. Cause larger programs like P90X will have you beat anyday.

hahaha. wow, I guess you got me :roll:

First, when did I say I work or worked at gold's?!?! I don't know or use APEX... I use my own guide... and it is that, a guide that teaches people what they need to make the best choices for their goals. Changing sets/reps doesn't change muscle fiber activation... so I guess it is a little harder eh?

I never said my program was better than working with a trainer but comparing the two isn't a fair comparision since my DVD's cost $30 and 1 session with me is twice that. I just said my program is better than power 90 or P90X, and I believe it is (just because they "have me beat" I should give up and not try to give people a better product at a better price... you're crazy!).

I also call it customized because IT IS. When you make an order with me I don't just send out your package, I contact you and find out what your goals are and then put a plan together for you. Someone following my plan as I recomend will not plateau for a while because I advise they deload and make certain adjustments.
mzuleger
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Ironhide » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:44 am

mzuleger wrote:First, when did I say I work or worked at gold's?!?! I don't know or use APEX... I use my own guide... and it is that, a guide that teaches people what they need to make the best choices for their goals.

One of your quotes you have listed on your website would indicate that you work at Gold's Gyms. But besides the fact if you're not certified to give out meal programs, you can only offer 'ideas/examples'. IF someone followed your 'guide' and got sick or had complications, they could push for legal charges.

mzuleger wrote:Changing sets/reps doesn't change muscle fiber activation... so I guess it is a little harder eh?

Yes, changing sets/rep DOES change muscle fiber activation, but muscle fiber activation isn't a selling point. You do more compound movements, lift heavier weights, alternating heavy/light days, change sets/reps/tempo, it all affects muscle fiber activation. Again nothing new, people do it all the time but just don't understand it. If you're goal is to improve endurance performance, you use more Type I Slow twitch so you tend to do high sets/high reps. Bodybuilding tends to be more IIC fast twitch, so it varies sets. Glycolitic sports, IIA fast twitch, so medium sets/reps, etc... Come on man, they teach you the basics of set/reps in high school.

mzuleger wrote:I never said my program was better than working with a trainer but comparing the two isn't a fair comparision since my DVD's cost $30 and 1 session with me is twice that. I just said my program is better than power 90 or P90X, and I believe it is (just because they "have me beat" I should give up and not try to give people a better product at a better price... you're crazy!).

You're basically marketing another video much like everything that's currently out there. You don't spell out how you do everything, you don't have examples of what you do, you don't state your credentials, etc... Your website/product is half-@ssed.

mzuleger wrote:I also call it customized because IT IS. When you make an order with me I don't just send out your package, I contact you and find out what your goals are and then put a plan together for you. Someone following my plan as I recomend will not plateau for a while because I advise they deload and make certain adjustments.

It's never customizable unless you're in front of the person. You don't know how they react to exercise, you don't know if their body is compromising, you don't know when they're failing in a set, etc... Asking someone their 'goals' doesn't give you the ability to give them the best customizable program possible. Even so, if you completely customize a DVD just for them, meaning you record them a new one, the hours you would use to make/develop/deliver the product is in the screwing you over. So basically you have a few DVDs made, and then you pick and choose which ones and main them out... NOT customizable.
My Bag: DX - Aviar Putter - 170g & 175g | DX - Shark - 168g | DX - Roc - 168g & 175g | Pro-D Buzz - 170g | Champion - Leopard - 171g | Star - Teebird(TL) - 171g | DX/Star - Sidewinder - 168g/171g | DX - Beast - 170g
Ironhide
Tree Magnet

Postby mzuleger » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:59 am

Ironhide wrote:
mzuleger wrote:First, when did I say I work or worked at gold's?!?! I don't know or use APEX... I use my own guide... and it is that, a guide that teaches people what they need to make the best choices for their goals.

One of your quotes you have listed on your website would indicate that you work at Gold's Gyms. But besides the fact if you're not certified to give out meal programs, you can only offer 'ideas/examples'. IF someone followed your 'guide' and got sick or had complications, they could push for legal charges.

mzuleger wrote:Changing sets/reps doesn't change muscle fiber activation... so I guess it is a little harder eh?

Yes, changing sets/rep DOES change muscle fiber activation, but muscle fiber activation isn't a selling point. You do more compound movements, lift heavier weights, alternating heavy/light days, change sets/reps/tempo, it all affects muscle fiber activation. Again nothing new, people do it all the time but just don't understand it. If you're goal is to improve endurance performance, you use more Type I Slow twitch so you tend to do high sets/high reps. Bodybuilding tends to be more IIC fast twitch, so it varies sets. Glycolitic sports, IIA fast twitch, so medium sets/reps, etc... Come on man, they teach you the basics of set/reps in high school.

mzuleger wrote:I never said my program was better than working with a trainer but comparing the two isn't a fair comparision since my DVD's cost $30 and 1 session with me is twice that. I just said my program is better than power 90 or P90X, and I believe it is (just because they "have me beat" I should give up and not try to give people a better product at a better price... you're crazy!).

You're basically marketing another video much like everything that's currently out there. You don't spell out how you do everything, you don't have examples of what you do, you don't state your credentials, etc... Your website/product is half-@ssed.

mzuleger wrote:I also call it customized because IT IS. When you make an order with me I don't just send out your package, I contact you and find out what your goals are and then put a plan together for you. Someone following my plan as I recomend will not plateau for a while because I advise they deload and make certain adjustments.

It's never customizable unless you're in front of the person. You don't know how they react to exercise, you don't know if their body is compromising, you don't know when they're failing in a set, etc... Asking someone their 'goals' doesn't give you the ability to give them the best customizable program possible. Even so, if you completely customize a DVD just for them, meaning you record them a new one, the hours you would use to make/develop/deliver the product is in the screwing you over. So basically you have a few DVDs made, and then you pick and choose which ones and main them out... NOT customizable.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree... Honestly, you sound like a typical internet dick who easily hides behind his computer and spends his day trying to make himself happy by bringing other people down... and I have better things to do than allow your negativity into my day.

Good luck succeeding in life with this attitude.
mzuleger
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Ironhide » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:24 pm

Well prove me how I'm wrong and I'll gladly buy your product. But don't get mad at me cause I called you out on your product. If you can't handle the truth, that's your issue, not mine. If you want help re-vamping your product, I'll be glad to help.
Ironhide
Tree Magnet

Postby mzuleger » Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:18 pm

Well prove me how I'm wrong and I'll gladly buy your product.

First, I did prove you wrong... but here I'll do it one more time: Merriam-Webster definition of CUSTOMIZE: to build, fit, or alter according to individual specifications - This is exactly what I do, I ask for the specifications then alter accordingly.... you seem to think it should be customized to a level that obviously a DVD can not do. It is a product built to specifications like no other DVD program available, thus customized.

Second, we both know you will NEVER buy my product (a fact that I am perfectly fine with).

But don't get mad at me cause I called you out on your product. If you can't handle the truth, that's your issue, not mine.

I'm just sick of trying to justify something to you that you will never agree with no matter how clearly I state it... so I'm done.

If you want help re-vamping your product, I'll be glad to help.

I thought you said "there's no way to create a customized DVD program"?!?!? If you really believe that then why would you offer to help create something that can't exist? Or did you just realize you're coming off as an ass so you're trying to back track?

Either way, like I said above, there's no reason for me to continue this conversation.
mzuleger
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Ironhide » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:00 pm

If you're going to come on here and CLAIM that you're product is better than P90X, you need to back it up. But as you've shown, you can't back up your program. There is also no reason for me to continue this conversation.
Ironhide
Tree Magnet

Postby chainchaser » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:28 pm

HELLOOOOOOOO!!! Ok this thread really is not about you two it is about me and the journey I am trying to make to lose 70 or so lb's!! Jeez get over really!! :crazy:

I am happy to report that on day 37 I am down 20 lb's from the start of the program and 25 from a week before i started the program. I started my journey at 284 and then the program at 279. Today on the scale I weighed in at 259. I feel really good with a few minor aches but nothing serious. At 51 I do expect some aches. Not to start any argument :roll: but this system works and i have not even followed the nutrition program exactly. Now that I have made my first goal of getting into the 250's my next is to get into the 240's.
chainchaser
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Surge SS

Postby Ironhide » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:39 pm

chainchaser wrote:HELLOOOOOOOO!!! Ok this thread really is not about you two it is about me and the journey I am trying to make to lose 70 or so lb's!! Jeez get over really!! :crazy:

I am happy to report that on day 37 I am down 20 lb's from the start of the program and 25 from a week before i started the program. I started my journey at 284 and then the program at 279. Today on the scale I weighed in at 259. I feel really good with a few minor aches but nothing serious. At 51 I do expect some aches. Not to start any argument :roll: but this system works and i have not even followed the nutrition program exactly. Now that I have made my first goal of getting into the 250's my next is to get into the 240's.

That's awesome! I was going to say since you've been 'gone' so long that you must have been working out or something. :P And don't worry about our 'discussion' or lack there of. When I hire trainers, you learn to deal with them. Where are your some aches occurring? It is true to experience some aches, but if it's chronic might want to see what's going on, if it's structural, or your performing an exercise wrong, etc... Speaking of logs, are you keeping a weight/set/rep log? I know with that program you tend to go quick and not really think about what you're doing, but that would be one way to determine where you're at and what the next step would be with that exercise. And now that you're becoming a 'stud-muffin' buff boy, might want to watch your nutrition a little more. It will help with your recovery and possibly decrease those 'aches' that you get. (Again, depending on what they are)

I bet if you keep this up and add the nutrition portion you could break into the 230's by end of May. BTW, how are the clothes fitting? If you need new clothes and live to a goodwill store, I tell all my clients that on Tuesday's is color tag sale. You can get clothes for super cheap since you might need a new size the next month. Then you can re-donate you old clothes. :P
Ironhide
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:03 pm

chainchaser wrote:HELLOOOOOOOO!!! Ok this thread really is not about you two it is about me and the journey I am trying to make to lose 70 or so lb's!! Jeez get over really!! :crazy:

Not knowing anything about the program other than what's written here you must have some background in physical activities being able to work out so hard to lose that much weight in such a short period of time and not getting aches at your age. Well done sir, well done!!!
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby chainchaser » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:46 pm

Ironhide wrote:That's awesome! I was going to say since you've been 'gone' so long that you must have been working out or something. :P And don't worry about our 'discussion' or lack there of. When I hire trainers, you learn to deal with them. Where are your some aches occurring? It is true to experience some aches, but if it's chronic might want to see what's going on, if it's structural, or your performing an exercise wrong, etc... Speaking of logs, are you keeping a weight/set/rep log? I know with that program you tend to go quick and not really think about what you're doing, but that would be one way to determine where you're at and what the next step would be with that exercise. And now that you're becoming a 'stud-muffin' buff boy, might want to watch your nutrition a little more. It will help with your recovery and possibly decrease those 'aches' that you get. (Again, depending on what they are)

I bet if you keep this up and add the nutrition portion you could break into the 230's by end of May. BTW, how are the clothes fitting? If you need new clothes and live to a goodwill store, I tell all my clients that on Tuesday's is color tag sale. You can get clothes for super cheap since you might need a new size the next month. Then you can re-donate you old clothes. :P

You know on the nutrition part it's more I am not using the exact recipe's they are but I am trying to stay close to the same types of foods. I have really cut back on the diet pepsi maybe one a week and I have stuck to not eating 2-3 hours before bedtime. Both of these have been really hard to say the least. I do drink much more water now and do a whey protein shake once a day.

As far as the aches, it's been my knees that are the worst although now they bother me less and less. I have modified my squats to help out with the pain. I am learning to stay on my heals more and that has also helped.
JR wrote:
Not knowing anything about the program other than what's written here you must have some background in physical activities being able to work out so hard to lose that much weight in such a short period of time and not getting aches at your age. Well done sir, well done!!!

Hey now I am just 51 not dead!!! LOL J/K!!! :mrgreen: Yea we do a bunch of walking so I was not a couch potato. The cool thing about P90 and P90X is you can modify your exercises to fit your fitness level. When I started I could only do push ups on my knees but now I do mostly real push ups. Heck the Power Yoga this guy does was killing me but now I am doing it almost completely with out missing a move. Not sure if you will be able to see this or not https://www.teambeachbody.com/member/sn/Stevehu
That is my profile page and as you can see I am way to fat. 284 at 6'2" is not good. If, not if when, I make it to the 210's I will be super ecstatic. I don't think my 30 day pic's were that great but when I look at them I am seeing changes and changes for the better. I also am not kidding myself either I know I may float back into the 260's for a bit and probably will but it sure was nice seeing the 250'S.
chainchaser
Tree Magnet

Postby chainchaser » Wed May 16, 2012 8:09 am

I have made it to day 45 and I am sitting around 255 right now. I have started the next phase of the workout which is bring more workouts and some different workouts. I have to admit that i feel really good right now. I can definitely tell the difference in my core strength when I go to play. The next 45 days are going to be tough but I feel I have made it this far so there should be no turning back. I think the biggest part of this journey is that I have learned how to deal with setbacks in my progress and know that if I continue strong I can reverse any setback I may have.
chainchaser
Tree Magnet

Previous

Return to Body Conditioning and Injury