Faster farther Orc... suggestions?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Faster farther Orc... suggestions?

Postby LumberJack » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:40 am

Surge, Surge SS, Sword, Flow, Archon, Blizz Destroyer.
Pure, Rhyno, Roc, Saint, QOLF, Astra, Quasar, Predator

People deserve the government they get. Why? Because they haven't learned to govern themselves.
LumberJack
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby JR » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:33 am

keltik wrote:
7ontheline wrote:Is the Avenger SS the same way... a lot less stable than an Avenger like Archon understable?

The A-SS is RoadRunner understable.

The FLX ASS i have flips way more than the Roadrunner.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Steve » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:28 am

JR wrote:
keltik wrote:
7ontheline wrote:Is the Avenger SS the same way... a lot less stable than an Avenger like Archon understable?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby JR » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Steve wrote:
JR wrote:
keltik wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You gotta love the disc abbreviations like STD :-D Like the STD and the ASS combined flip like the Roadrunner.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby jubuttib » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:53 pm

JR wrote:You gotta love the disc abbreviations like STD :-D Like the STD and the ASS combined flip like the Roadrunner.
"I prefer a stiff S-TD to the ASS."
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:33 pm

Stiff STDs where it's at unless you pick a straighter disc in the (sexy?) Beast. I love Beasts so i think it is sexy :-) Not so keen on STDs.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Steve » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:23 am

The last s-td I had felt way worse than the s-ex I had before. :D
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby JR » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:29 am

Steve wrote:The last s-td I had felt way worse than the s-ex I had before. :D

You gotta steer clear and flip away from certain pieces of ASS or the SEX will give you an STD.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:54 pm

hello obvious joke board? yes I would like to report a series of horrible crimes against funnydom.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby 7ontheline » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:56 am

Here's what I've tested so far:

An arm load of Orcs (pictured in order of stabily), all save for stamp wiped pink beat roller, are are more stable than my beat up/lost Orc. The bright dayglow green is close in stability but it still fades a touch more than the Orc I was worried about losing and recently did, that green w/red Orc is in the bag. I'd trade them all for my lost favorite Orc... it must have known I was looking for a longer alternative. The new run green-yellow with flight numbers, has a huge dome and while overstable is my least favorite of the bunch.

A pair of sparkle Q Astras that turn predictably with a little anny and still have nice late hard fade. I could see these beating into a sweeter longer spot than my lost Orc but it'll take a while to get one there given there aren't too many 400' holes to use them on with the possiblity of whacking some trees to straighten them out. Don't throw these into a headwind without some hyzer and some practice.

A champ Beast that will turnover too much with a lot of snap on a lower flat line. At 80-90% power or some practice with my hyzer release angles it could be a straight with late turn control distance. Right now I'm gonna keep my beat P-PD for go straight lines due to the PPDs security of added HSS. Even my beat Orc was way more HSS than this 2x beast but it wouldn't end to the right without some anny whereas this beast wants to go right naturally which is nice.

A Flow that's made the bag for tailwind bombs. I've only tested two and have two more coming. The blue one is flater on top and the pink one has a nice dome. The blue one made the bag but flips and loses about 5-10' height during its turn before hooking up on a hard lower line. If I don't turn it too much this one works well for the extra distance I was looking for... not a headwind disc but on calmer days can go 400' no problem. I'll try to capture a pic of the dome on the pink flow peeking out over the blue flow.

Into light winds <10mph the Sword will turn a little but has enough fade to come back to straight. Its a touch more stable, I think, than the domey pink Flow.

For big turnover s-lines, I'm putting the yellow S-TD in the bag. My old Orc would go further but this STD will turn so easily on any line and still have some fade at the end. My lost beat Orc would burn out on a high anny distance line and miss out on the extra distance I'm getting with the STD flexing out forward.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby 7ontheline » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:31 pm

After several field throws today and a late evening round, the pink wiped Orc (least stable) is in the bag and the green with red stamp is out. My form must have been off when I decided the pink was roller material or perhaps when I was throwing them all as a group the others needed a little anny while this pink one will turn on a flat throw. I almost hate to say it but I think I have a decent substitute for my beat/lost Orc. 8)
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Postby 7ontheline » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:00 am

back to orcs...

7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Previous

Return to Equipment