comPLEX bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

comPLEX bag

Postby plex » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:04 pm

Feel free to ask questions, suggest discs, help me create a more diverse bag, tell me why my bag sucks.. etc

All my discs are in the 170~175g range

Distance Drivers: [Lots of overlap here.. cant decide which one i like best]
1x PD2 [Similar to Destroyer, seems to go slightly farther.. haven't thrown it much yet]
2x Destroyer [Go to for forehand distance]
2x SOLF [Havnt used it as much as i should be.. great disc, holds a long line before fading.]
2x Sword [For long straight drives/Can also pull nice anny shots with this when i throw it hard]

Control/Fairway Drivers: [Again.. more overlap, im trying to decide which can be
1x River [New Go to disc for me, this thing will fly deadly straight when thrown hard with a little hyzer on the release... LOVE this disc! can do almost anything with it.]
2x Teebird [Old go to, been using the River more lately as i can do everyhting and more with the river.. might retire the teebird]
1x FD [Aced a short 250' hole with this disc the first day i took it out, seems to flip easy with too much power]
1x Eagle [Just got this disc 1 week ago, seems to fly straight for me, and has a quick late fade.. have a feeling i will like this disc]

Midrange Approach/Touch Drivers:
2x Axis 177g [This is my go to disc for ALL midrange anhyzer drives... holds an anny line like NO OTHER]
2x Vector 177g [Replaced my Rocs, never thought it could happen, but these fly close to my old beat DX rocs only more consistent with the proton plastic]

Putt/Approach:
2x S Ion 173g [Similar to wizard/challenger only grabs the chains better and feels right in my hand]

Discs I have, but havnt tested out enough yet:
TD, Anode, Predator, PD [Havnt had much time with these yet.. maybe i will take out my Go To drivers and add these so i can test them out soon]

Please give me some feedback or ask questions! Suggest changes.. etc

-plex :D
Destroyer, Sword, Shock, Volt, Amp, River, Gator, Vector, Axis, Ion
plex
Noob

Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: comPLEX bag

Postby plex » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:29 pm

My Vector, Axis, and Ion are set in stone.. not willing to change those.

Where i need help/guidance:
Im just having issues picking distance drivers and fairway drivers to stick with and drop some that overlap.. its hard not to throw all this good plastic :( i love them all

I know i have to drop some of this stuff at some point, its holding me back from getting settled into my discs

any suggestions for how to slim down my bag?
plex
Noob

Postby victorb » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:02 am

Let us know how far you throw, then making suggestions will be easier and less speculative.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby plex » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:30 am

i can push 400'

Most holes in my area are between 250 - 450 so im not sure if i can throw any farther since i've never had to/tried to..
plex
Noob

Postby JR » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:50 pm

MVP is too slick in the rain sorry and i love their stuff. So i carry the Ion for putts and Anode for drives straight with the 168 opaque soft Ion for some right turns. Halfway between Anode and Aviar in the tightness of the turn right. Champ Teebirds are better in the winds than the Rivers. Otherwise River each time for me. GL River is not the tackiest disc in the rain. Eagle plus River probably cover everything the Teebird does. Sword is very close to Destroyers but straighter. You have enough power to use faster longer discs so there's definite D improvement waiting for you. Nuke, Rampage and high PLH domey VIP King are the usual suspects out of the older discs. Now there's Blizzard plastic muddying up the field with light weights with the HSS of 20 gram heavier regular plastic versions of the same discs.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby plex » Sat May 05, 2012 10:01 am

JR wrote:MVP is too slick in the rain sorry and i love their stuff. So i carry the Ion for putts and Anode for drives straight with the 168 opaque soft Ion for some right turns. Halfway between Anode and Aviar in the tightness of the turn right. Champ Teebirds are better in the winds than the Rivers. Otherwise River each time for me. GL River is not the tackiest disc in the rain. Eagle plus River probably cover everything the Teebird does. Sword is very close to Destroyers but straighter. You have enough power to use faster longer discs so there's definite D improvement waiting for you. Nuke, Rampage and high PLH domey VIP King are the usual suspects out of the older discs. Now there's Blizzard plastic muddying up the field with light weights with the HSS of 20 gram heavier regular plastic versions of the same discs.

Thanks for your input :mrgreen:

I'm hesitant to try out a King because i hear a lot of mixed reviews on them.
The Rampage sounds awesome, will pick one of those up
From what i hear the NUKE is same as destroyer

Added another Sword.
I took out my Teebird and put in another River and Eagle.
Also taking out my PD2, just never throw it.. i have other discs that i go to and never seem to have a need for it

For putters i took out a soft Ion and added a Medium Ion which seems to give me more consistent stiff grip = better for consistent putts
plex
Noob

Postby plex » Sat May 05, 2012 10:14 am

Distance Drivers:
3x Destroyer
2x SOLF [Like to keep them in my bag for some reason, only thrown them around 5 times :? ]
2x Sword

Control/Fairway Drivers:
2x River
1x FD Jackal
2x Eagle

Midrange Approach/Touch Drivers:
2x Axis 177g
1x Vector 177g
1x Eclipse Vector 177g (Glow)

Putt/Approach:
1x Soft Ion 173g
1x Medium Ion 173g

My Bag is starting to come around nicely :)

Please give feedback, i like to hear suggestions.

Thanks, plex
plex
Noob

Postby JR » Sat May 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Nuke is way longer for me than a Destroyer. Nuke is faster too.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby plex » Sun May 06, 2012 10:35 am

i have a Nuke SS that i have never thrown, should i take it out for a spin? or should i just get a normal Nuke?
plex
Noob

Postby Timko » Sun May 06, 2012 10:57 am

I don't find the Nuke SS differs from a normal Nuke that much. If you're looking for Destroyer type flight, get one with some dome. I feel past 400' the Nuke has less fade than the Destroyer.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby JR » Sun May 06, 2012 11:07 am

plex wrote:i have a Nuke SS that i have never thrown, should i take it out for a spin? or should i just get a normal Nuke?

You should definitely throw the discs you have :-D After that you can see if yours is a steaming pile like mine. Man mine flips hard. YMMV and your disc may be ok and possibly your power and form too.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby plex » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:18 pm

Well its been a few months now and my bag has changed so i think its time for an update.

Star Destroyer *DS 175g
Star Destroyer S/DS 175gm (Most Overstable of my destroyers)
Star Destroyer Bottom Stamp *DS 175g (Almost Understable, real domey)
Star Destroyer *D 175g
VIP Sword 175g (Brand New)
Tournament Sword 175g
Tournament Sword 170g (Super understable flippy)

Star Eagle X SEX 175g
Star Eagle X SEX 172g
11x Champion Eagle L 174g
11x Champion Eagle L 175g
CE Eagle 175g
Champion Eagle 175g
GL River 175g
GL River 175g

Eclipse Vector 174g
Eclipse Vector 177g
Proton Vector 177g
Proton Axis 177g
Proton Axis 177g

Medium Ion 173g
Medium Ion 173g
Soft Ion 173g

And thats my FULL bag.

As always im open to suggestions, questions, critiques. Thanks 8)

plex
plex
Noob

Postby JR » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:19 pm

How do you cope with cold and moist weather with putts and approaches?
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby plex » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Well cold doesn't affect me at all with my ion, but when its wet i always carry a rag and wipe it down good before my shot and that seems to solve the issue.

not sure what all the fuss is about with wet MVP plastics, but i manage to sink my putts in wet or cold..

It may have something to do with my grip:
I put the first joint of my index finger around the bead of the disc, then my middle finger and ring finger make a fan grip under the flight plate and my pinky finger rests under my ring finger so its not touching the disc, this allows for a clean and stable release.. regardless of conditions this grip seems to always work and almost never has OAT

i do wish MVP would release a more chalky core for the ion and keep the high quality over-mold, i think that would make it hold up well while also giving that more desirable grip... cant think of anything better mvp could do with their discs right now
plex
Noob

Postby plex » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:15 pm

im looking for a fairway driver that is easy to throw dead straight, and i mean arrow straight... is there anyhting like this out there? theres a couple holes at my local course that i dont know what to throw on because an eagle fades to soon and doesnt make the straight narrow gap and my river usualy turns too much and hits a tree to the right... i need something that i can throw dead straight for at least 200 feet with minimal fade

any suggestions?

i have tried my ion putter, and i can get that dead straight but then i just dont get enough distance =/
plex
Noob

Next

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion