Discspeed why does CDGC not respect cyclists?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discspeed why does CDGC not respect cyclists?

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sat May 05, 2012 10:29 am

Nick M wrote:bergdawg is a douche. slowing down for 30 seconds because of a bike is no big deal. some people are commuting that way, 30 seconds aint shit. most people that are anti cycling and bitch at people on the road are morons without clear understanding of the law and the rights of cyclists. more people should commute by bike and motorists need to learn to deal with it. i shouldn't even read this bullshit or respond when i already know the rights us cyclists have and the general ignorance from most people regarding cycling. i drive a car too and i see both sides. don't freak out at people who are within there rights and are legally cycling on a road.

turso is 100% right, end of thread

Image
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar
User avatar
 
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 am
Location: *NorCal*
Favorite Disc: ROC

Re: Discspeed why does CDGC not respect cyclists?

Postby mrlaroo » Sat May 05, 2012 11:42 am

bergdawg wrote:
Nick M wrote:bergdawg is a douche. slowing down for 30 seconds because of a bike is no big deal.


Maybe not to you!

You gotta give some to get some. Bikers expect their bike ride to not have any hiccups in it because they're bikers, they want everyone to watch out for them. Well, if you see a car coming at you at fifty miles an hour, the smart thing to do would be to move over off the road a bit. Why is that so hard? You can't tell me you fat fuckers are that lazy.



Your responses are so pointless their funny, I am curious how does one see a car coming at you at 50 mph when they are coming from behind you.
mrlaroo
Noob
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:21 am
Favorite Disc: Champ Beast

Re: Discspeed why does CDGC not respect cyclists?

Postby bergdawg » Sat May 05, 2012 12:18 pm

mrlaroo wrote:
bergdawg wrote:
Nick M wrote:bergdawg is a douche. slowing down for 30 seconds because of a bike is no big deal.


Maybe not to you!

You gotta give some to get some. Bikers expect their bike ride to not have any hiccups in it because they're bikers, they want everyone to watch out for them. Well, if you see a car coming at you at fifty miles an hour, the smart thing to do would be to move over off the road a bit. Why is that so hard? You can't tell me you fat fuckers are that lazy.



Your responses are so pointless their funny, I am curious how does one see a car coming at you at 50 mph when they are coming from behind you.


Shouldn't bikes have mirrors, just like cars, if they're on the road? That's another one of those freaky words, Roe-ad.
bergdawg
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:33 pm
Favorite Disc: 10M Brick

Re: Discspeed why does CDGC not respect cyclists?

Postby Parks » Sat May 05, 2012 1:44 pm

I heard that arguing with obvious trolls definitely serves a purpose.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1783
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:42 pm
Location: Spokane, WA

Re: Discspeed why does CDGC not respect cyclists?

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sat May 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Parks wrote:I heard that arguing with obvious trolls definitely serves a purpose.

It does, it's fun for everone else to watch.
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar
User avatar
 
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 am
Location: *NorCal*
Favorite Disc: ROC

Re: Discspeed why does CDGC not respect cyclists?

Postby Nick M » Sat May 05, 2012 1:57 pm

bergdawg wrote:
Nick M wrote:bergdawg is a douche. slowing down for 30 seconds because of a bike is no big deal.


Maybe not to you!

You gotta give some to get some. Bikers expect their bike ride to not have any hiccups in it because they're bikers, they want everyone to watch out for them. Well, if you see a car coming at you at fifty miles an hour, the smart thing to do would be to move over off the road a bit. Why is that so hard? You can't tell me you fat fuckers are that lazy.


I know what you mean, I move over as far as I can safely. not everyone rides like you say. i can agree that taking up more lane just because you can is stupid and not smart. there are times where there is like no shoulder and those can be a bit scary and there is nothing you can do about it. paying attention is very important, people that don't move over are probably oblivious and not paying attention or listening to there fucking ipod, people listening to ipods on bikes are idiots. just ride bikes like they drive cars by paying zero attention. it is all about constantly scanning what is coming at you and behind you. i ride fast and i weave through traffic and blow by cars in congested city traffic and have never been hit because i am fully aware of my surroundings, i feel more likely to get hit by just going about slowly on the right side.
Nick M
Noob
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Shakopee, Minnesota
Favorite Disc: Eagle X

Re: Discspeed why does CDGC not respect cyclists?

Postby Nick M » Sat May 05, 2012 2:02 pm

mirrors on bikes are great ideas, i simply look over my shoulder but i wouldn't be opposed to every bike needing some form of mirror or at least a helmet mounted mirror. road bikes with drop bars don't really have a place to mount a mirror, only flat bar bikes have a proper place to mount a mirror.
Nick M
Noob
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 5:52 pm
Location: Shakopee, Minnesota
Favorite Disc: Eagle X

Re: Discspeed why does CDGC not respect cyclists?

Postby bergdawg » Sat May 05, 2012 6:46 pm

Would anyone let their kids ride their bikes on the highway or roads where the speed limit is above 30?
bergdawg
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:33 pm
Favorite Disc: 10M Brick

Previous

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests