MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:44 pm

cfair wrote:I've said this on DGCR already... but the Anode has knocked 3 discs out of my bag. It is what I wanted to the Warlock to be and more.

You now have to try an opto pure.

oh and while I'm here. Hey MVP stop making your blue anodes so damn dark.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby JR » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:
cfair wrote:I've said this on DGCR already... but the Anode has knocked 3 discs out of my bag. It is what I wanted to the Warlock to be and more.

You now have to try an opto pure.

oh and while I'm here. Hey MVP stop making your blue anodes so damn dark.

They sure are difficult to find in the shade.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby what'shisname » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:58 pm

So discspeed and mikec have been pretty non-existant around here lately. Sworn to secrecy on new tester drivers? Speculate away! I bet the new driver has flip out wing that gives it extra lift once it reaches cruising speed.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Jelyman » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:04 pm

what'shisname wrote:So discspeed and mikec have been pretty non-existant around here lately. Sworn to secrecy on new tester drivers? Speculate away! I bet the new driver has flip out wing that gives it extra lift once it reaches cruising speed.

Maybe the first ever remote controlled disc.... M :D
Jelyman
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: River

Postby JR » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:31 am

Taking time off to heal some injuries over the winter and hurting my back twice mildly lead to me not being in any better shape than in the fall. Perhaps even a little worse shape so i've been pushing to get in better shape before Tali Open. Throwing fatigued from the get go because of exercise on the days before my arm nerves manifested the old injury. I began to have less clean releases with the Anode. It did not handle headwinds well and neither did my Coyote, King Cobra and XD. As a result the best driving Anode i have was flipped and lifted hugely out onto a fenced area where i can't go. I've experimented with different skin moisturizers and despite having slightly grippier skin i had some early left slips despite having modified the grip for more power and larger skin contact. So now i'm torn about replacing it still owning a 168 and getting similar flips in headwinds and no flips in calm weather, better grip and more deviation between different winds and power levels with more fade from an XD. The profile and releases were not an issue for my aggravated arm unlike the Anode. So i'm compromised ditching either disc. There just does not exist a disc that would give me the performance of either with tolerance for my injuries and the ability to handle straight shots as well while handling local winds. Gaah! The thing for me is that when tired i am losing the ability to throw with clean shots and hit sideways repeatably. I can't add disc related problems on top of my lack of condition issues. It will take a while for my condition to improve so i'm at a loss as to what i'm gonna do. I do know that i will get a medium Sole but i think it is slowing down in headwinds more with the taller profile and it fades more. The reason for picking it up is wet weather grip but now at 50F it would seem that i need the safety margin of a tackier grip at least when i'm fatigued.

MVP please try to make base plastic type grip tackiness cores to the Anode.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Tue May 01, 2012 8:16 pm

Had a really nice customer service interaction with MVP. Wrote them a thank you email the other day, and got a response the same day. Pretty amazing in this day and age. I also concur with the "You may not live long enough to beat one of these in" sentiment. I am still putting with my RedRing Proto soft Ions. More fun might be hyzer flip sidearm shots with the same disc. The flight plates have faded a bit, sort of a dull light blue compared to my stack of new ones, but they fly pretty much exactly the same as they did when I first played with them. I said it to the company and I will say it here too, amazing product, from design to materials, and nice to deal with a professional company.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Craft Discs

Postby colombo117 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:36 am

So, this past month I was struggling with putting. I have used challengers for years and I love them, but I needed to switch it up. Maybe it is a mental thing. You know how it goes.

Anyway, I put my lone, black and white soft ion in the putting pocket and man, has that thing been solid. I putt with a lot of spin and the way the ion locks in straight and holds a slight hyzer really is working.

Still keeping the challengers in the bag because I can not have less then three putters in the bag.
Ion Challenger Roc EL/EX QJLS Valkyrie Predator
colombo117
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby niuvalleycane » Sun May 06, 2012 12:22 am

driving faster, longer if you've tried both, Anode or Opto Pure?
niuvalleycane
Fairway Surgeon

Postby colombo117 » Sun May 06, 2012 7:08 am

niuvalleycane wrote:driving faster, longer if you've tried both, Anode or Opto Pure?

I have handled both.

The anodes at my local store are really hard and in very dark colors, so I did not want one. Profile and size wise, it felt very nice. I just want a softer and brighter one.

The opto pure that I handled and tossed around was very nice. It was a pretty deep blue one. I am going to keep with the Ion and challengers, they are working well.
Ion Challenger Roc EL/EX QJLS Valkyrie Predator
colombo117
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby Leopard » Sun May 06, 2012 9:18 am

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Leopard on Sun May 06, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby plex » Sun May 06, 2012 10:28 am

so when will we see a MVP Distance Driver, or even a Fairway Driver!?!?
Destroyer, Sword, Shock, Volt, Amp, River, Gator, Vector, Axis, Ion
plex
Noob

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun May 06, 2012 6:19 pm

niuvalleycane wrote:driving faster, longer if you've tried both, Anode or Opto Pure?

I think the pure is a bit longer.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby JR » Mon May 07, 2012 12:31 am

For me this spring in cold weather in a head to head test the Pure was consistently shorter than the Anode. The difference was on average 10-15' IIRC.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby jubuttib » Mon May 07, 2012 1:23 am

Fairly certain that the difference is close to being negligible and depends heavily on the player.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Jeronimo » Mon May 07, 2012 7:02 am

Nah, Pure is longer.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure