New to the board?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: New to the board?

Postby ALMIGHTYED » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:31 pm

I just started playing about 6 months ago and I've spent a lot of time on that site with a "C" in it trying to improve my game. I just got sick of wading through piles of useless posts trying to find the info I clicked the thread to begin with. I've been lurking here for a few days and I like what I see, so here I am.

The censorship kinda rubbed me wrong there too. :twisted:
ALMIGHTYED
Noob

Favorite Disc: today? Havoc

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:46 am

We also censor just in a much more subtle manner.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby DiscerBob » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi, my name is Bob. 24, Located in DFW Texas, started playing Spring of 2011 and I can't get enough of it. I'm a RHBH and RHFH thrower. Not rated but I want to start AM novice level tournaments soon. RHBH Orc - 390' RHFH Teebird - 370'. Play with Wizards and Stable to OS drivers. I'm also a plastic Junkie and already have 70+ discs mostly bought cheap from trunks or found in water. Also got my fiance and her friends interested; her favorite discs are 150g leopard, 140g kite, and a 166g r-pro aviar.
DiscerBob
Noob

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby JR » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:02 pm

Welcome and thanks for bringing in more ladies to this sport. So far it's been too male dominated.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby GeorgeDubya » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:13 pm

I'm not exactly new to the board since I've been lurking for quite a while. Just registered and posted for the first time a few days ago. My name is Tony, 25, live in central Texas. Typically play anywhere between Austin and Waco. Favorite driver is my star xCaliber, midrange is all rocs, putter is an old super soft millenium omega.
GeorgeDubya
Noob

Favorite Disc: KC Pro Roc

Postby zpitman135 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:00 pm

Hi my name is Zach. Im 19 and live in Lexington Kentucky and am a student at UK. I've been playing disc golf for about a year and a half. I'm a bit of a technique nerd and I've learned a lot of what I know fron this site. I just now got around to making an account.
zpitman135
Noob

Favorite Disc: Supersoft Wizard

Postby dcsquare » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:22 pm

Hello all, new to the board, have been watching it for a while now. Great info. Played in the late 80's and now I am playing again after 20 years out of the game. wow at the changes in disks. I will try to post a vid to see if anyone can help my distance off the tee Thanks for the great info and tips ...DC
dcsquare
Noob

Favorite Disc: Valkrye

Postby TOURNEYPLAYER » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:25 pm

adam wrote:I think I qualify as new considering this is my first post. I played disc golf quite a bit during the late 90's, but I was the guy with one disc making fun of the "baggers". After taking almost a ten year hiatus while starting a family I am back and loving every minute of it. This time however, I'm a "bagger" who is working on proper technique and looking forward to some tournaments this season.

Staying on the gummy bear theme, for the first few posts I was on a totally different page.

Cartoon bears drinking Gummiberry Juice, bouncing around kicking butt.

and they are not gay.

this was his only post. 2 years ago. what did you guys do to him.
TOURNEYPLAYER
I bugged Frank for a rank and got this as my rank. WOOOO Frank rules!

Favorite Disc: ZONE BITCHES

Postby FryeC » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:48 am

hey! nice to meet you guys!
my name is Frye and i never was a big fan of the game before i started playing it in Maine last summer
just fell in love with it and with the place )))
FryeC
Noob

Favorite Disc: all of them!

Postby JR » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:06 am

There are many nice places to visit while throwing so you might fall in love with many courses and areas so you should make some DG trips now and then.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby mrlaroo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:34 pm

Aloha guys, glad to back to the mainland where disc's are actually getting thrown. I live in OR now but we got some pretty sweet courses up here, can't wait for it to warm up. Pumped to be a part of this site, seems like a fun place.
mrlaroo
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champ Beast

Postby dlopez916 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:09 pm

Yea, I am new, but I'm bringing some cool stuff with me! I am part of the Disc Golf Arkansas team. No, we are not a team of players, but merely the controllers of a great website, everyone, including you, should visit. So visit the site, tell us what you think, enter to win our very first giveaway, and then come back, over and over and over again! Thanks!

http://www.discgolfarkansas.com
dlopez916
Noob

Favorite Disc: Z Buzzz

Postby JR » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:42 pm

Welcome and guys check out their Youtube videos on the channel dlopez916
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby travyss » Mon May 07, 2012 8:08 am

Hello 8) Glad to be here. I'm the new guy...Trav, as what my pals baptized me of :lol: I think I'll be hanging out a lot in here, a place with a lot of cool people and yes, this is the place for me 8) Looking forward to meet ya all!
travyss
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby Thunderchumpy » Tue May 15, 2012 1:36 pm

Howdy. I've been playing for about a year now here in Nor-Cal. I'm still pretty shitty, but a birdie happens on occasion. I've been trolling here for a bit, and picked up some good information. Thought I should register so I'm not just another creep lurking in the bushes (which, by reading some of these forums seems to be a full time job for some of you). I'll probably post something in the "bag suggestions" thread so you guys can laugh at what I throw.

Whomever started this forum, big-ups. This place is great.
Thunderchumpy
Noob

Favorite Disc: z-XS

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion