MD2

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: MD2

Postby JR » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:16 am

Bah got finger sticking issues with my P2s.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:55 am

Today I got to take the new yellow gummies out for a spin, and they fly exactly like my pinks. Very satisfied with my purchase, and good to know these are popping up occasionally.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby new013 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:07 am

the two i've found are yellow and gummy as well.
"F*ck... here comes that guy New013."
new013
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TL

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:15 am

I got a yellow gummy and it is pretty nice but has more LSS than my older ones do (even the new ones). This is not a bad thing, just an observation.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby jubuttib » Tue May 01, 2012 5:38 am

Discmania.fi has a special ordering option now, 178-180 g (flat), and they mention that all max weights in the warehouse are currently flats, so they're pretty officially not rare anymore.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby andrew » Mon May 07, 2012 9:06 pm

I keep finding these things at PIAS (in Star plastic). Any reason for someone successfully using Z buzzz's in this slot to buy one?
Wizards/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebirds/XXX/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PPD

Postby Fightingthetide » Mon May 07, 2012 9:25 pm

andrew wrote:I keep finding these things at PIAS (in Star plastic). Any reason for someone successfully using Z buzzz's in this slot to buy one?

The S Lines are still good, but not the same as what I am used to with my flat, gummy C MD2. Mine flies on a frozen rope. Best midrange out there, hands down. It can take headwinds, shape any line, and holds up in it's sweet spot for a long time. I would imagine an S-line MD2 would be slightly slower and somewhat more stable than a Z Buzzz, depending on how new of a Z Buzzz you are talking about. Get one and see what you think. The S-lines tend to be super flat, so that's good in terms of grip when comparing to a Z Buzzz.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fightingthetide » Mon May 07, 2012 9:28 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:I got a yellow gummy and it is pretty nice but has more LSS than my older ones do (even the new ones). This is not a bad thing, just an observation.

Is this just the case that it's new? Mine took a few months to lose some LSS, but now it's in it's prime. I'd be so glad to know that they have some released in the US.

I was talking with a guy today here in Charlotte about why Innova releases domey Firebirds (and you could throw in there domey C MD2's and a billion other discs that are basically crap). I know we have all been through this a lot already on here, but I really do wonder if they are trying to control supply and demand.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jubuttib » Tue May 08, 2012 2:00 am

andrew wrote:I keep finding these things at PIAS (in Star plastic). Any reason for someone successfully using Z buzzz's in this slot to buy one?
The S-Lines tend to be on the domey side, which usually means that they slow down a bit quicker and hence fade earlier. The MD2 overall usually has an extra tick of HSS on the Buzzz, so it would most likely be more overstable than the Buzzz. They're not bad by any means, but not as straight as I'd expect an MD2 to be.

Best current MD2's are D-MD2's and the flatter gummy C-MD2's.
Fightingthetide wrote:The S-lines tend to be super flat, so that's good in terms of grip when comparing to a Z Buzzz.
Wrote my answer before I saw this one. Since when have S-MD2's been flat? I've never seen one that isn't domey like the domey C-Lines. If they are indeed flat they could be fantastic, I need to investigate.
Fightingthetide wrote:(and you could throw in there domey C MD2's and a billion other discs that are basically crap)
I've played a few one disc rounds with my domey C-MD2's, and while they're not what I'm looking for in an MD2, I can't really say that they're bad discs. For me the MD2 should be as neutral as possible, but some people do like that extra bit of fade.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Joz » Tue May 08, 2012 6:32 am

Domey S-Lines? Huh... All of the S-lines that I have gotten my hands on have been super flat. I have a couple like these. Gummy an opaque C-lines are better though.

My D-lines have been in the bag now for a couple of weeks. Pretty sweet for hyzer-flips or holding long annys. Is there no love for the P-lines? I managed to procure a handful of them on the cheap, but haven't tossed them yet.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue May 08, 2012 6:51 am

Fightingthetide wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:I got a yellow gummy and it is pretty nice but has more LSS than my older ones do (even the new ones). This is not a bad thing, just an observation.

Is this just the case that it's new? Mine took a few months to lose some LSS, but now it's in it's prime. I'd be so glad to know that they have some released in the US.

I was talking with a guy today here in Charlotte about why Innova releases domey Firebirds (and you could throw in there domey C MD2's and a billion other discs that are basically crap). I know we have all been through this a lot already on here, but I really do wonder if they are trying to control supply and demand.

I kinda like the domey firebirds, great disc for extended hyzers and a much more usable disc out of the box than the super stable 11x ones.

Anyway, the new flat MD2 has more LSS than any of my new older flat ones. It's not bad but it is gonna take a while longer to beat out.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby jubuttib » Tue May 08, 2012 1:25 pm

Joz wrote:My D-lines have been in the bag now for a couple of weeks. Pretty sweet for hyzer-flips or holding long annys. Is there no love for the P-lines? I managed to procure a handful of them on the cheap, but haven't tossed them yet.
I can't get my D-Lines to turn on a 330' throw, unless they're seasoned. =) But they do indeed hold a mean anhyzer and the seasoned ones are the best understable mids I've ever thrown, only rivaled by the Fuse.

It's not that the P-Lines are bad, the premiums and D-Lines are just so frigging good that there's not much use for the P-lines. If they were flatter like the first runs, then they might see more love. I would probably like even the current ones more if they were made in the old R-Pro blend, not regular Pro...
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby eg37167 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Does any retailer have D-line MD2 still? I really dig the P version, and would love to get my hands on a D line version...
eg37167
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Tue May 08, 2012 3:03 pm

eg37167 wrote:Does any retailer have D-line MD2 still? I really dig the P version, and would love to get my hands on a D line version...
At the very least Powergrip has them. =)

http://www.powergrip.fi/tuote/dmd2fi/lang/en
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby eg37167 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:24 pm

jubuttib wrote:
eg37167 wrote:Does any retailer have D-line MD2 still? I really dig the P version, and would love to get my hands on a D line version...
At the very least Powergrip has them. =)

http://www.powergrip.fi/tuote/dmd2fi/lang/en

OK, I meant in the US. But, to be fair, I did not specify before...
eg37167
Tree Magnet

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment