MVP Axis
Destroyer, Sword, Shock, Volt, Amp, River, Gator, Vector, Axis, Ion
plex
Noob

Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: Understable Mid, suggestions wanted

Postby Ryan C » Wed May 09, 2012 7:57 pm

Axis is not understable at all for me.

I think you should stick with Fuses. They are my favorite understable mids out of the box. Meteors are also pretty nice if you have clean form and take time to learn them.
Anode--Fuse--Buzzz--Vector--TD--Teebird--Hurricane--Predator
Ryan C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby InvaderMirO » Wed May 09, 2012 8:02 pm

Ryan C wrote:Axis is not understable at all for me.

I think you should stick with Fuses. They are my favorite understable mids out of the box. Meteors are also pretty nice if you have clean form and take time to learn them.

the axis will hold an anny line for a long time but i wouldn't consider it an understable disc.
Ion . Anode
Hornet . Vector . Axis . Fuse
Trident . PD . River . Beast
SurgeSS . Flow . Katana
InvaderMirO
Noob

Favorite Disc: (beat) Star Beast

Postby Ryan C » Wed May 09, 2012 11:07 pm

InvaderMirO wrote:
Ryan C wrote:Axis is not understable at all for me.

the axis will hold an anny line for a long time but i wouldn't consider it an understable disc.

Well yes. But to me, holding an anny and being understable are two different things.
Anode--Fuse--Buzzz--Vector--TD--Teebird--Hurricane--Predator
Ryan C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby jubuttib » Thu May 10, 2012 2:21 am

Yup, the Axis isn't understable, just touchy. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby kern9787 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:40 pm

jubuttib wrote:Eh, my D-MD2's do all that too, except for the durability. They hold up better in headwinds too. Plus they feel nicer in my hands.

But the Fuse is indeed a magnificent mid. If it weren't for the D-MD2 I'd be a Fuse man. That or I'd just work my Comets.

The difference for me though is I don't have to beat in a GL Fuse to get it where I want it, and mine has stayed reliable for me forever now (mostly because I don't get to throw understable mids too often because of the wind here). And I could care less how an understable mid handles a headwind. I don't want that disc for a headwind shot.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby cubeofsoup » Thu May 10, 2012 1:00 pm

Will a Fuse hold anhyzer at low speeds? I end up with a ton of touch anny lines and can't seem to finesse anything I have for it. I only have 2 mids right now which are 176 KC Pro Roc (new) and 177 Glo Roc (beat). The KC works when I need it to hold in the wind and to bite a bunch at the end, Glo is nice and straight. If I should be able to turn the beat Roc I'll just work on my form. I was also considering a Meteor.
cubeofsoup
Tree Magnet

Postby InvaderMirO » Thu May 10, 2012 1:29 pm

cubeofsoup wrote:Will a Fuse hold anhyzer at low speeds? I end up with a ton of touch anny lines and can't seem to finesse anything I have for it. I only have 2 mids right now which are 176 KC Pro Roc (new) and 177 Glo Roc (beat). The KC works when I need it to hold in the wind and to bite a bunch at the end, Glo is nice and straight. If I should be able to turn the beat Roc I'll just work on my form. I was also considering a Meteor.

with a good amount of spin it will. there are a number of courses here in iowa that have long tunnel shots through the woods so the finesse anhyzer is a handy shot. if you can keep the disc spinning it tends to hold its line much longer instead of stalling out and starting to fade at the end.

since the fuse is more understable than your rocs you will have a much easier time getting it to hold that anhyzer to the ground.
Ion . Anode
Hornet . Vector . Axis . Fuse
Trident . PD . River . Beast
SurgeSS . Flow . Katana
InvaderMirO
Noob

Favorite Disc: (beat) Star Beast

Postby slowarm » Thu May 10, 2012 2:18 pm

Well, thanks for all the discussion. It's been interesting to read your replies. I did buy a GL Fuse. I hope it's as good as the Opto I had.
slowarm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: flat S-MD2 (beaten)

Postby kern9787 » Thu May 10, 2012 3:43 pm

slowarm wrote:Well, thanks for all the discussion. It's been interesting to read your replies. I did buy a GL Fuse. I hope it's as good as the Opto I had.

If they make them like they did a year or so ago, you will like it better. And the opto fuse was a great disc.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Mon May 14, 2012 5:21 am

I got a Star Mako and it seems promising hyzer flipped to flat in headwinds. I need no wind situations and playing different holes with it to say for sure what the capabilities are. This regular production Mako flips less (changed grip pinch pressure from the last time i threw my FR Mako) and does fade less than the FR. I can't tell yet if it fades less than the Coyote but at least it ain't much worse in fading. It looks promising but naturally the grip is more awkward with wide diameter discs and the Coyote may fly unhindered due to the smaller size where the Mako can nick trees in the same place where the Coyote would sail free. Both are great discs. The production Mako has a soft flight plate and my thumb digs deeper into it than into the Coyote so there's another advantage for the Coyote.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Equipment