Predator, Firebird or Banshee???

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Predator, Firebird or Banshee???

Postby jubuttib » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:25 pm

And in case you don't know what a high parting line is, it's this:

Both discs are 175 S-Line PD's, the one on the left is a First Run with a high parting line, the one on the right is a champystar with a low parting line. The First Run is a great overstable driver that I use when it gets windy, the champystar is a great neutral driver that I usually use in calm conditions when I want a straight flight.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby dgdave » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:27 pm

I toss 2-3 press as my main OS driver, but I just added in a new 12x flat Firebird for utilities
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby andrew » Mon May 14, 2012 9:13 pm

I have sort of the opposite question of this thread, so hopefully that's okay. Love my Z Pred, but realized my P-PD that I didn't appreciate new because it was more overstable than anticipated flew very similar, so I replaced the Pred with the PD. Now the PD is beat in to the point where I've put the Pred back in. Now, is it worth it to find/buy a C-PD to replace the Pred to lower my mold total?
Wizards/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebirds/XXX/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PPD

Postby what'shisname » Mon May 14, 2012 10:46 pm

I use a CFR for my OS fairway duties and it works great. I carry a beefy SPD for more distance in a headwind as well.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue May 15, 2012 7:05 am

the flat C-PDs fly just like slightly beat preds to me so you can probably get away with it unless you want a super overstable pred replacement.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Pwingles » Tue May 15, 2012 8:10 am

I havent thrown any production C line pds that were anywhere near as OS as a pred or CFR PDs , they wont be cheap but yes they will do the job fairly well, may wanna pair it with a XXX or something for uber wind tho, i would suggest the same for a pred/domey FB as well.

*by "they wont be cheap" im talking about CFR PDs
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby JR » Tue May 15, 2012 2:23 pm

andrew wrote:I have sort of the opposite question of this thread, so hopefully that's okay. Love my Z Pred, but realized my P-PD that I didn't appreciate new because it was more overstable than anticipated flew very similar, so I replaced the Pred with the PD. Now the PD is beat in to the point where I've put the Pred back in. Now, is it worth it to find/buy a C-PD to replace the Pred to lower my mold total?

I don't think it is too important to remove a great mold that works well for you (and many others). To me grip difference has to be the least significant thing as long as it doesn't lead to unclean releases and drivers are the most tolerant discs against that.

BTW. I've seen XXXs flip in the wind but those were used ones thrown by 500' tossers.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Pwingles » Tue May 15, 2012 3:47 pm

What would a pred/fb/banshee done in that same wind though??
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby JR » Wed May 16, 2012 1:46 am

At least bounce because it was swirly. The crazy thing was that the wind wasn't that fast during warm up when i witnessed it and in competition Finnish open 2010 had worse rounds for the wind. I think it was round 3 that got iffy once the group i filmed got to the beach. A great player "celebrating" by raising both hands over the head and commenting after nailing a 6' putt :-)
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby andrew » Thu May 17, 2012 9:58 pm

Gotta say, I'm really liking this Z Pred, P-PD combo, but will still be looking for a CFR-PD just because... that's how this game works....
Wizards/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebirds/XXX/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PPD

Previous

Return to Equipment