Craziest Aces You've Seen?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Craziest Aces You've Seen?

Postby Drowsy » Tue May 15, 2012 1:23 pm

I've got 2, One of them I threw a Z wasp too high over the basket, into a ~10mph headwind, there was a thick pine branch extending 8' over the basket, my disc seemed stuck, but ~5 seconds later it falls out of the branch right into the basket. No chains. =)

My first ace was off of 3 trees pinball style with a disc I had never even thrown before. I had just found the disc earlier that round. It was a thrashed cobra and I sidearmed it. (I was 14) I didn't know any better and it went left HARD. Off of a tree 12 ft before the basket, off 2 more in quick succession, and *C*H*I*N*G*. I couldn't believe it. Neither could my buddy.
B!tch out + Pitch out =]
Drowsy
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzzzz

Re: Craziest Aces You've Seen?

Postby JR » Tue May 15, 2012 2:14 pm

Video of Greg Barsby getting a roller ace.

For mine Meilahti, Helsinki, Finland hole 11 S GM skip ace started flat faded and jumped up high at the right time hitting the pole without chains on the way in. Chains were rattled on the way from the pole to the basket side.

On a weird note: Not being able to see 3 aces of mine on the same hole old configuration Meilahti hole 5 70-80 degree spike hyzers downhill to a basket behind which the hill continues down. Before the basket there is a wide high area that protects the basket from straight shots. So spike hyzers clear the hill protection while offering some protection against bouncing far beyond the basket. Rhynos each time.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Timko » Tue May 15, 2012 3:30 pm

I have more blind aces (11) than than aces where I could see the basket (6).

I have an ace where I was throwing into a 20mph headwind with a super flippy Roc. The hole is off to the right, and I thought it was going to push the disc into the ground. It pushed it. Right into the basket. The wind was howling so loud that I never heard it, but the guy in front of me saw it go in.

I also have an Ace where I stuck the disk in the side of the bucket. Wouldn't have counted recently, but that was before the rule change, and it's on the list.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Timko » Tue May 15, 2012 3:32 pm

On that note, did anyone here see Aleksey Bubis's warm-up ace on hole #1 at Waterworks with a Roc?
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby dgdave » Tue May 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Timko wrote:On that note, did anyone here see Aleksey Bubis's warm-up ace on hole #1 at Waterworks with a Roc?

My buddy did. He may have got it on film too. I'll find out
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby CatPredator » Tue May 15, 2012 5:15 pm

Nothing too exciting. Saw a skip off the ground-to-tree kick ace on hole 1 at Kaposia. Some random dude throwing a distance driver on a 280' hole, kicked off the tree on the left right into the basket...
CatPredator
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Aviars

Postby dehaas » Tue May 15, 2012 5:18 pm

years ago a buddy and myself were playing a round at carrol marty in ames, iowa in january. we were playing hole 6, a downhil tunnel shot and i threw a tomahawk with a 10x eagle, disc hit a patch of ice 2 feet in front of the bucket, taco'ed almost in half, and sprung up and over the basket and in, no chains at all.

another buddy of mine called a skip ace on hole 3 at carrol marty with a spider. we played 36 holes that day and he threw the same shot and chained out the second round.
dehaas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: wizard

Postby fastgti02 » Tue May 15, 2012 5:22 pm

I played with some friends and one of their friends just got out of jail after being in for a year that day and got 2 aces in one game on 2 of toughest holes on the course. It was crazy.
fastgti02
Noob

Favorite Disc: wraith

Postby Steve » Sat May 19, 2012 12:51 am

I just hit a glow ace after course work tonight. We ended up playing some glow afterwards and had a group of five.
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby gknmnstr » Mon May 21, 2012 11:55 am

I saw A friend of mine ace insanely on hole #7 of orchard park. A very short hole downhill, but kinda crazy in a mini golf kinda way. There is a bush that someone trimmed with a tunnel right through the middle of it, some trees with lots of branches hanging right over the basket, and the only way to the pin is RHFH anhyzer-RHBH or overhand. Every one shoots for the tunnel when not playing the league held there but no one makes it because the tunnel is like 4' diameter and also because the ceiling of the tunnel is way below the basket.

Soooooooo...
My good friend throws an airbounce shot that hits the tunnel dead center then starts gaining altitude like crazy. OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH.... Dang it starts turning way too far right. That disc is gonna be hard to find. Then outa nowhere SMACK-THUNKKKKKK.... C*H*I*N*G. Huge ricochet off of a big tree on the right and something else that I still can't figure out by the sound of it then buries itself in the heart of the chains.

Putt-Putt disc golf ace!
Pure-Fuse-River-Halo
gknmnstr
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FUSE/RIVER

Postby JHern » Mon May 21, 2012 6:22 pm

I saw Barsby throw a big sidearm ace on Saturday, hole 20, blind right dogleg with big trees and a ravine to the right to navigate over and around. Pretty sick!
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby AcesAZ » Wed May 30, 2012 11:49 am

My own, 255' shot, #11 Ham Lake, MN. 3 weeks into playing the game. Trees guard a straight line to the basket. Anyways I threw my Teebird on a lazer line right at it, it landed about 10 feet short, skipped off of and in between two small adjoined trees that are less then a foot apart. Smacked the chains dead nuts center. Still cant figure out how it got through that gap just right.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Shark

Return to General Discussion