Fixing timing faster

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Fixing timing faster

Postby discpunk26 » Sun May 20, 2012 1:25 pm

I played a tournament not to long ago that caused some problems for me, and I know that it had to do with me not the discs I was throwing. Before I got on to the course to throw any holes, I went out to an open area, and just started to throw some shots starting at 30% power and working my way up to 50% by the end of the bag. I did this one more time going from 70-90% and when I got to the course for a little practical application throwing on all my throws I was a fraction of a second early and low on my side arm, and late or early on my backhand. Everyone is used to seeing subtle timing issues, but this was even beyond my norm. What I'm looking for is weather or not this is just something I should have focused on more in the field when I noticed the issue, or if there is something else that can be done on the course, or if I just needed to focus a little more mentally on what I was doing.
discpunk26
Noob

Favorite Disc: firebird

Re: Fixing timing faster

Postby turso » Sun May 20, 2012 2:35 pm

if I'm really off with timing I just blank out and start taking every throw really relaxed and easy and it usually clicks back pretty fast. Cpnsidering I don't stop being relaxed which is a big deal anyhow.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Re: Fixing timing faster

Postby JR » Sun May 20, 2012 11:10 pm

Pinching harder earlier will eliminate slips. Right pec drill is the ultimate slowing down exercise so combining both and going up in power from there could help fast.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to General Discussion