HUGE thanks…

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

HUGE thanks…

Postby SouthernGolf » Mon May 21, 2012 9:43 pm

I was fortunate enough to compete in the 4th annual desoto county open; a southern nationals sanctioned event. It was my first ever tournament and all my friends talke me out of playing novice and playing ams instead. After the first day I was In first place with 3 strokes on 2nd place. Unfortunately I couldn't calm my nerves( loads of plastic, an innova basket, and huge bragging rights were on the line)and I choked the last of 3 rounds at the 3rd course. My home course fml. I came in second nonetheless and had a vast majority of the pros shaking my hand and congratulating me. It felt awesome.

I wanted to give a huge thanks to everyone who put up with my redundant questions in the search for a way to understand. To those who helped me through messaging and generally bouncing ideas off.

I would have never accomplished this without the relentless help from everyone on this site.

Thanks again

Richard
SouthernGolf
Noob

Favorite Disc: Omega SS P&A

Re: HUGE thanks…

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue May 22, 2012 12:03 pm

Nice job man. 2nd in your division in your first tourney is awesome. Your home course can be the toughest to play on b/c you put a lot of pressure on yourself because you feel like you should do very well there.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: HUGE thanks…

Postby JR » Tue May 22, 2012 2:18 pm

Congratulations!
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to General Discussion