Nose up problems

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Nose up problems

Postby kprestel » Tue May 22, 2012 2:01 pm

I have a serious issue with not keeping the nose down...

I can throw around 300 maybe more or less I dont know for sure. But regardless I can get speed on the disc but the problem is I cant keep the disc low so that distance is maxed out. I throw way to high and it causes all my throws to hyzer out. If i throw anhyzer i can turn it over but same thing that it just goes way to high.

Please help me, I am sick of losing discs to this problem
kprestel
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: Nose up problems

Postby JR » Tue May 22, 2012 2:20 pm

Video? Are you weight back at the rip? Does your arm move down to up toward the end? Is your wrist down?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby kprestel » Tue May 22, 2012 3:24 pm

I have been told that I am "Falling over at the end" but I dont know what this means or how to fix it.

And as far as the wrist goes I dont know, the disc fits in the crease like Ive been told to do
kprestel
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Blake_T » Tue May 22, 2012 11:49 pm

i would wager it's one or both of these reasons:
1. you are too far away from your body as the disc comes through. the disc should be almost touching your body as it passes across your torso. you will have major nose angle issues if the disc is farther than ~4-6" away from your body as it passes by.
2. you have a scooping pull through motion. up down up.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Triton » Wed May 23, 2012 4:33 am

I have a friend who definitely does the up down up scooping motion when throwing.What would be good advice to give him to help him get rid of that scoop?
Destroyer, Tern, PD,XXX, Tee Bird, Roc, Judge
Triton
Noob

Postby seabas22 » Wed May 23, 2012 11:21 am

Triton wrote:I have a friend who definitely does the up down up scooping motion when throwing.What would be good advice to give him to help him get rid of that scoop?

Reachback lower / keep the disc level.
seabas22
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: thunderbird

Postby Blake_T » Wed May 23, 2012 6:31 pm

What would be good advice to give him to help him get rid of that scoop?

sarcastic answer: stop scooping. if he's not coordinated enough to stop scooping he should quit disc golf and take up bowling or horse shoes.

realistically, what seabas said. from my experiences, if he can't stop scooping it's pretty much there until he figures out a way to make himself stop doing it.
Blake_T

Postby Blake_T » Wed May 23, 2012 8:56 pm

also, many upward swoops during the scoop are caused by being weight back.
Blake_T

Postby Triton » Thu May 24, 2012 4:31 am

Gotcha.. I know it sounds like an obvious answer but I wanted to ask here to make sure I wasn't missing anything before telling him he needs to reach back lower and get more weight forward.
Thanks
Destroyer, Tern, PD,XXX, Tee Bird, Roc, Judge
Triton
Noob

Postby JR » Thu May 24, 2012 6:35 am

kprestel falling over in the end means that you are not upright but unbalanced lunging forward almost falling on your face. Number one thing to cure that is to see that you are balanced and the things that contribute to that are moving slow enough to be able to coordinate your body to proper places at proper times and to have enough muscle power to not fall over. Slowing down helps a ton. You may be placing the feet in the wrong places on the ground and tripping yourself or close to it. Do you know where to start and where to end the x step for hyzer, flat and anny shots and where the feet should land on each step relative to the line you're running on? There are variations to those based on going for maximum repeatable accuracy vs more weight shift for more power generation with more cons for repeatable results. Possibly even dropping accuracy. YMMV because more power generation may allow you to use less than full power in a weak spot to actually increase accuracy while maintaining distance or even increasing it. I think that won't happen to many and in the long term that ain't as profitable as max accuracy each time. So i intentionally left out instructions for how to run to where. It's detailed many times over on this site especially in the video critique section.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Technique