Maximum weight: 176.0 gram
Height: 1.9 cm
Rim depth: 1.2 cm
Inside rim diameter: 17.4 cm
Rim thickness: 1.9 cm
Rim depth/ Diameter ratio: 5.7 %
Rim configuration ratio: 29.25
Flexibility rating: 8.85

Now for some FUN with charts and graphs!
WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!
OK BUT WTF IS RIM CONFIGURATION?

So... first word is it flies just like a 10x KC Pro Teebird. :roll: I know, I know... it's a tired comparison BUT! take a second look at those charts up there. I would wager the "Rim Configuration" would be a good indicator of how a disc will fly (Granted the Valkyrie and Firebird have similar #s and fly nothing alike... I didn't say perfect did I) and it's pretty damn spot on with the 'bird. It really does appear to resemble a .2mm larger rim Teebird. This leaves questions though: Why another stable fairway driver? What's happening to the Striker? Has the River become flip-tastic now by design in order to accomdate the Saint??? Only time (or Latitude) will tell...

Your turn!

Thoughts? Speculative theories? Hopes? Dreams?
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: WHO DAT? OH LAWD is the Latitude 64 Saint

Postby jubuttib » Tue May 22, 2012 5:34 pm

Jeronimo wrote:What's happening to the Striker? Has the River become flip-tastic now by design in order to accomdate the Saint???
Judging by the latest runs (and history) the Striker has hit Groove levels of irregularity, and you simply can't buy them anymore. And was the River similar in stability to the TeeBird? Not from what I've seen.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Jeronimo » Tue May 22, 2012 6:28 pm

jubuttib wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:What's happening to the Striker? Has the River become flip-tastic now by design in order to accomdate the Saint???
Judging by the latest runs (and history) the Striker has hit Groove levels of irregularity, and you simply can't buy them anymore. And was the River similar in stability to the TeeBird? Not from what I've seen.

No, but it was much closer than it currently is. You're right in that a 1st run River still isn't of Teebird like stability, but it was just close enough that it made me nervous about the possibility of a "destabilization operation" to better couple with the Saint. I honestly think 1st run Rivers pair well with a Teebird/Saint anyway, the flippy ones were just out of control though! And it sucked because they had some amazing colors come out that run! Anyway, it would appear the point is moot as the flippy Rivers have indeed been identified as a production mishap.

While i'm super excited for this mold, I do see significant potential overlap with Strikers.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby Dag » Tue May 22, 2012 8:50 pm

Lat64 has Saint stability at 0/3 and Striker at -1/2. Works for me.
...there was a time when you were taught to find the best disc for you, not the best disc for your situation on the course, which is how they are sold now. IMO, the flight charts are basically there to point out all the stuff you dont have in your bag and why you suck.

Chase Roberts
Dag
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Discworld

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Wed May 23, 2012 8:20 am

Is this a predator??? Look at the numbers, they are similar on many/most. I use a predator more than any disc in my bag so if they are going up against it, that's going to be tough
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Moving Pictures?

Postby Jeronimo » Wed May 23, 2012 8:56 am

It's not supposed to be, early (and I mean EARLY) opinions compare it to a Teebird. You're right though, I noticed that too when I was putting this all together. The trouble with the Rim Configuration value is that it's really a nonsensical value as I you could flip the disc upside down and get the same reading with an obviously drastically different rim. Seems like kind of a ridiculous number to report, though I suppose it's a way to characterize the rim without giving it away so it could be blatantly copied.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby turso » Wed May 23, 2012 8:59 am

it's still so far away though, I want it now :(
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: My first putter

Postby keltik » Wed May 23, 2012 9:59 am

Jag är nyfiken
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Jelyman » Wed May 23, 2012 11:51 am

So when is this supposed to be available. I'm sure I just missed it, but yeah.
Jelyman
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: River

Postby Jeronimo » Wed May 23, 2012 12:40 pm

Conservative guesstimate: End of June.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby Star Shark » Wed May 23, 2012 6:58 pm

In my experience the Striker is marginally more stable than the Valkyrie. The River is a faster, glidier Leopard. They need something in the stability range the Saint's numbers indicate to fill out their lineup.
-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Postby jubuttib » Wed May 23, 2012 8:36 pm

Jeronimo wrote:It's not supposed to be, early (and I mean EARLY) opinions compare it to a Teebird. You're right though, I noticed that too when I was putting this all together. The trouble with the Rim Configuration value is that it's really a nonsensical value as I you could flip the disc upside down and get the same reading with an obviously drastically different rim. Seems like kind of a ridiculous number to report, though I suppose it's a way to characterize the rim without giving it away so it could be blatantly copied.
Isn't the rim profile mainly about how sharp the nose is (nothing to do with the shape otherwise), the intention being that discs don't cut people up if they happen to hit someone?
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Jeronimo » Wed May 23, 2012 11:32 pm

That's a very good point, it may very well be a safety rating of sorts.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby jubuttib » Thu May 24, 2012 7:10 am

Jeronimo wrote:That's a very good point, it may very well be a safety rating of sorts.
Checked the tech standards.
Rim Configuration - The rim of the disc is held perpendicular to a contour gauge having 13 probes per
cm (such as the Valued ST142). The rim of the disc is then pressed gradually into the gauge to a depth of 5
mm. The resulting movement of each affected probe is measured to the nearest 0.25 mm, and then totaled
to produce the rim configuration rating. The ratings of three samples are determined, and the median score
is used as the final rating.
And modern "Hi-Tech" class discs need to "(11) have a rim configuration rating of 26.0 or greater;", whereas Super Class discs need to "(11.sc) have a rim configuration rating of 75 or greater."

So yeah, it's a measurement of sharpness. A sharp nosed disc will move fewer probes (and those that it moves tend to move less) than a blunt nosed one.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby AcesAZ » Thu May 24, 2012 10:57 am

Tossin' in Memphis wrote:Is this a predator??? Look at the numbers, they are similar on many/most. I use a predator more than any disc in my bag so if they are going up against it, that's going to be tough

I agree, with the O/3 Rating and 1.9/1.9 height/rim width I bet its a Predator type flyer, probably not quite as overstable. I find it intersting how Latitude and Discraft generally make taller/domier discs then Innova in general. Glide/carry vs Speed/skip.
Last edited by AcesAZ on Thu May 24, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Shark

Next

Return to Equipment