My Bag. Critiques/Suggestions wanted.

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: My Bag. Critiques/Suggestions wanted.

Postby JeCroisQue » Thu May 24, 2012 4:40 pm

Thanks for all the info. I have tried the blizzard stuff, don't quite care for the lighter discs. I have wanted to try the Predator for a while, but just havent gotten one. I have thrown a firebird and I throw it about the same as my gl XXX. I tried a PD2 and it was a bit too beefy/ I didn't like the feel of it in my hand. I do have a giant, so I think I'll start by giving that a try first.
JeCroisQue
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby JeCroisQue » Fri May 25, 2012 9:58 am

I got some really good advice from everyones posts (thanks JR). Thanks a lot for comments and suggestions. So this is what I am working with right now. I'm going to the IDGC in Georgia next weekend and this will be my bag. Looking for some more feedback.

Putters: 235/270
3 Wizards- 175 HPP upshots and drives, 175 Soft main putter, 175 soft worn/beat for anhyzer approaches and drives
1 Zone- 175 esp- overstable shorter shots. Utility type shorter shots.

Mids: 290/325
1 Fuse- 181 GL- anny mid shots, hyzer flips and such
2 Buzzz- 176 Z, straight to slight hyzer, 173 ESP FLX (Straight to slight anny)
1 Roc- 179 Champ Overstable mid- pretty beefy for a roc

Fairways: 350/375
2 Teebird- 175 pro (new, love the grip and glide), 175 Champ seasoned/beat
3 River- 171 TM, 174 GL, 176 Opto- stable to understable.
2 XXX- 1 GL- overstable workhorse utility (I lost it yesterday on the course, I'm hoping someone will turn it in, if not I'll have to get a new one), 1 Opto- really beefy, when I need something more overstable than the XXX- Utility shots (OH, BH, FH, Skips, Spikes, ETC.)

Drivers: 370/400
2 Swords- 169 VIP worn in a bit Stable Max D, 175 slightly Overstable Distance- Workhorse distance drivers. Wasn't getting near as much distance from the Halos.
1 King- 166 TP- MAX D- only use it on open holes or huge anhyzers

That's pretty much it right now. I am really hoping someone will turn in my GL XXX but I don't have high hopes. I'm also trying out a VIP Giant for the overstable max D shots and wind drives. I'll also probably be carrying a 4th wizard as a back up putter (probably an organic, love the grip on it and it's a tick stiffer than my softs).
JeCroisQue
Noob

Postby JR » Sat May 26, 2012 3:03 am

Shit your King is TP. I hope it is better than the one i have. VIP King with dome and high PLH is where it's at.

Was the PD2 you threw a broken in P? P is slightly less beefy than the S and breaking one in to suitable level should alleviate the high initial power requirement. You carry lots of discs but for competition back ups it is natural for regular fun and practice rounds it may be too much. Depending on whether you stay in touch with different beatness levels if you don't carry each of them all of the time. Learning to force a disc of false beatness level to a flight of a properly worn one is a skill and yes at times you're at such an disadvantage doing that that no skill is sufficient.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JeCroisQue » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:02 am

Putters: 235/270
3 Wizards- 175 HPP upshots and drives, 175 Soft main putter, 175 Soft backup putter
1 Rhyno- 175 Pro- overstable shorter shots. Utility type shorter shots.

Mids: 270/325
1 Buzzz- 176 Z straight to slight hyzer
4 Roc- 175 Champ big eye 06 Overstable mid, 175 KC Pro- Straight roc, 173 KC Pro beat turnover roc (175 DX Pumpkin roc beating in to replace my turnover roc)

Fairways: 340/375
4 Teebird- 175 Champion 1 seasoned to straight, 177 Glow champ beefy TB, 175 Pro turnover and hyzerflips, 173 DX turnover shots
3 Firebird- 175 seasoned champ strong headwinds and meathooks, 165 new utility shots OH FH etc, 168 Beat 11x money but kind of overlaps with my glo TB.

Drivers: 370/400
4 Valkyrie- 172 DX Rollers, 175 Seasoned Champ hyzer flips and turnovers, 175 star slightly worn maxD, 177 Glo Champ most overstable valk
2 PDs- 175 Fresh C-Line headwind max d driver, 174 S-line max D driver slightly seasoned some flicks

Trying the bag without the rivers and took out the faster stuff too.
JeCroisQue
Noob

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion