My home town needs a disc golf course

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: My home town needs a disc golf course

Postby Itchy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:23 pm

Thank you. We've gotten a few comments from local golfers about the tee signs being in the tees. I think it gives the course a little bit of character.
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Postby abarker » Fri May 25, 2012 2:06 pm

Some guys in my town just built a course. They got the city parks and rec department to pay for the baskets, and they used volunteer work/ Eagle scout projects to take care of the rest. It's an incredible course too..... http://discgolfreviewer.com/2012/04/vonns-park/. Hopefully it sticks around too. I know that some of the nearby neighbors are already complaining about it. There have been too other courses built, and forced to be removed in Cache Valley allready....
Find The Perfect Disc
http://InfiniteDiscs.com

abarker
Noob

Favorite Disc: Latitude 64 Saint

Postby Itchy » Fri May 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Congratson your new course. Hope it stays in.

Yeah, this was the first course in the city and they weren't sure how it would be received so they didn't want to help pay for it, but were on board with it if we funded and built it ourselves. Now that it's become popular in the area and it brings out of towners in to spend their money they're all about it and are looking to give us some money to help build the back nine and possibly another course in another park. So, it's been a pretty big success story for the city.
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Previous

Return to Courses