The Least Changed Bag in the World.

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The Least Changed Bag in the World.

Postby new013 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:48 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:The C-MD2 has won the faster mid spot in the bag.

I wish the BUjiZZ all over themseleves throwers could see you say that on DGCR. They might have a panic attack.
"F*ck... here comes that guy New013."
new013
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TL

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:58 am

I've never really jelled with the buzzz even though you think I would love a disc that excels at dead straight low lines considering how NC golf is pretty much that shot over and over again. The C-MD2 just has so much more workability on different lines.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon May 28, 2012 9:03 pm

So yeah, seriously the C-MD2 is killer.

Also on a random note as I am playing way less and am usually sore/tired from work when I do get to play. I am finding it harder to control my comets on tight lines. This makes me sad and probably means I should think about switching them out with other discs that do the same thing but are less form sensitive like D-MD2s or beat rocs but I love comets too much to ever make the change. My game might suffer because of it though.
Frank Delicious

Postby Hyzerline49 » Mon May 28, 2012 9:32 pm

my advice is just to get a little more warmed up and stretch before rounds. the comets shouldn't be going anywhere!
Forces - Orcs - Banshees - Eagles - Wasps - Rocs - Zones - Wizards
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Roc

Postby JR » Tue May 29, 2012 1:26 am

I might be the king of going to play exhausted :-( I know what you speak of. One might not think that the Coyote could replace such a different disc than the Comet on first glance. In practice the Coyote is the easier to throw _longer for me_ Comet with more user error tolerance than a Mako. I think my Comet record is 335' and Coyote is 347' on basically line drives or mild s-curves the longest lines for both discs. If one analyzes the flights the Coyote is actually very close to the Comet in lines something that may not be readily apparent from the flight number description. Except the Coyote is way _way_ more tolerant to unclean releases and minor OAT. While still being able to fly straight as anything or move a lot sideways- Where the added HSS and protection against finger drag or sticking the Coyote is much better at sideways placement in small increments than the Comet. Repeatability of Coyote shots is way much better than with the Comet. They are worlds apart in user error minimization.

Especially with straight shots the Coyote excels at second round blues handling where the Comet gets to be a bitch on a hissy fit after sand induced vaginal infection just like an Axis.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby victorb » Thu May 31, 2012 7:34 am

Frank Delicious wrote:So yeah, seriously the C-MD2 is killer.

Also on a random note as I am playing way less and am usually sore/tired from work when I do get to play. I am finding it harder to control my comets on tight lines. This makes me sad and probably means I should think about switching them out with other discs that do the same thing but are less form sensitive like D-MD2s or beat rocs but I love comets too much to ever make the change. My game might suffer because of it though.

Same thing happened when I started playing a lot less too. You really do have to be in tune with your throw to use a comet. I just use a set of 4 rocs and a champ gator as my midranges now. I still have a lot of comets and don't intend to get rid of any of them because someday I will play a lot more again.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Mixed Bag Madness » Thu May 31, 2012 11:32 pm

victorb wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:So yeah, seriously the C-MD2 is killer.

Same thing happened when I started playing a lot less too. You really do have to be in tune with your throw to use a comet. I just use a set of 4 rocs and a champ gator as my midranges now. I still have a lot of comets and don't intend to get rid of any of them because someday I will play a lot more again.

This. Since I've been working a lot I've been rockin 4 DX Rocs, a KC Roc, and a FLX Drone. BTW Frank hooked me up with some of those Rocs. 8)
PA1s-Rocs-FLX Drones-Teebirds-D3s-Destroyers-D1s
Mixed Bag Madness
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pumpkin Rocs

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:38 pm

And it's official. The mid set up is now 5 rocs and a C-MD2

Something I didn't realize I was doing until I took the comets out of my bag was that I had decided that all straight and turnover shots were comets shots and all stable and overstable shots were rocs. I was limiting my shot selection and really keeping myself from throwing a bunch of shots that probably cost me a lot of strokes over the last few months.
Frank Delicious

Postby rusch_bag » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:35 pm

I carry 4 rocs and probably only throw 2 of them during most rounds sometimes only 1. What do your 5 all do that you feel you need to carry that many, especially with another mid in there that could take the place of one or two of them.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:49 pm

I've got:

Super stable KC glow roc

3 beat DX rocs that are in there and get used pretty evenly and are cycled with a bunch of other rocs

super beat turn over roc
Frank Delicious

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:09 am

Base bag I'm rolling to worlds with

Echo Star Destroyer
SOLF x3
Pred x2
Eagle-x x2

Champ roc
Star roc
DX roc x 3
C-MD2

KC aviar - new
Anode
SB Aviar - beat

KC aviar x2 for putting/upshots

I'm also bringing a variety of other discs since we are playing a bunch of courses which are different. I've got various rocs, aviars, eagles, firebirds, SOLFs, and destroyers packed. I'll probably add an extra destroyer when I go to hornet's nest and maybe Angry and might lose the DX roc my MD2 overlaps with.
Frank Delicious

Postby keltik » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Ooh did you take any of my old Preds to worlds?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:30 pm

yes and I threw it a ton. Like a super ton
Frank Delicious

Postby keltik » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:18 am

I'm less sad about not having my super rad Z Preds but more proud that someone I know is throwing them with some semblance of skill in high level competition.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion