Looking for a straight flying disc

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Looking for a straight flying disc

Postby slowarm » Wed May 30, 2012 3:14 am

victorb wrote:
slowarm wrote:Throwing 240-280 and mastering a Valk? Sorry, don't want to be rude, but you're not mastering your Valk.

sorry, but you're being really rude to a brand new player asking for legit advice, after 2 rounds of playing. that kind of attitude has no place on this board.

I apologize my rude words. Couldn't say it more nicely because of my bad english...

Really, didn't mean to be rude and def didn't want to scare a new player away from this great forum. It just sounded funny. I'm maxing out @350-375 with a Valk and I don't feel I'm mastering the disc (seeing young guns tossing the Valk over the 400" line with ease). Then again, I'm an old fart with lower back problems and a knee injury. I'm happy to be able to play.
Last edited by slowarm on Wed May 30, 2012 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slowarm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: flat S-MD2 (beaten)

Postby Mlk95 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:27 am

Mastering was a bad choice of words.
Member of the MVHS Disc golf club.
Mlk95
Noob

Favorite Disc: Valkyrie

Postby turso » Wed May 30, 2012 1:48 pm

mastering was a shit choice of words, and if that's victorb's true opinion on the matter, he needs to go wash the sand out of her vagina. That kind of attitude has no place on this board.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: My first putter

Postby slowarm » Wed May 30, 2012 2:57 pm

Nice. This topic might be soon be flaming without any relevance to the original question. Let's stop it before it starts. Perkele!
slowarm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: flat S-MD2 (beaten)

Postby Mlk95 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:22 pm

turso wrote:mastering was a shit choice of words, and if that's victorb's true opinion on the matter, he needs to go wash the sand out of her vagina. That kind of attitude has no place on this board.

Dude why? Yeah it was a poor choice of words. I'm trying to get help here and I'm asking fair questions. That kind of crappy attitude is going to drive people away from this fun sport.
Member of the MVHS Disc golf club.
Mlk95
Noob

Favorite Disc: Valkyrie

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed May 30, 2012 6:25 pm

"back on topic you will now be" - master yoda (the old version, not the young one who jumps around and shit)
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Ryan C » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:53 pm

Although you may have trouble finding one locally, the MVP Anode is a great straight flying putter. They are on the fast end of the putter spectrum, and sometimes will even get out as far as my midranges if I give them enough height. Better yet, they are indestructible and should last you for years. The Latitude 64 Fuse in Opto plastic is a midrange I would recommend as a great starting disc. It is my absolute favorite disc for tight fairways. My form is very clean, so I can throw them over 300' without turning, but I can also control them to do just about anything except take a hard left. That's a disc that is similar to the Comet. With good form you can really do a lot with it.

Good luck man. I started out a lot like you. I got throwing 350' with my drivers fairly fast, but then hit a plateau for a long time until I started on the forums and getting some good advice.
Anode--Fuse--Buzzz--Vector--TD--Teebird--Hurricane--Predator
Ryan C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Previous

Return to Equipment