Jely's bag.....

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Jely's bag.....

Postby Jelyman » Tue May 29, 2012 2:54 pm

Putter
- MVP ion medium (driving and putting)

Mid-Range
- MVP Vector (various weights and condition)

Fairway
- Rivers (various weights/condition/plastic)
- Gl trident

Drivers
- striker (various weights/condition/plastic)
- blizzard boss

Random (these go in and out depending on the course or weather)
- mamba (rollers)
- gl halo (replaces the blizzard boss for big D if it's windy)
- blizzard katana (if I need some crazy turnover shot)

I can't find a mid range to fall in love with. I'm actually most likely going back to the core and just use the trident if the wind is too much for the core to handle.

I love the ions but with the opto pure finally arriving I am tempted to switch.....

What do you guys think?
Jelyman
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: River

Re: Jely's bag.....

Postby JR » Wed May 30, 2012 7:05 am

Have you tried a Coyote and what kinds of flight characteristics do you want out of mids?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Jelyman » Wed May 30, 2012 11:46 pm

I like having just one mid in the bag. So the core has worked nicely because it holds whatever line I put it on pretty well. Also it's the grip of heaven IMO. If I need something that fades hard or it's too windy I use the trident.

Also thought about giving the Lycian a go but not sure.
Jelyman
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: River

Postby JR » Thu May 31, 2012 12:07 am

I haven't thrown the Lycan because of the lousy grip but it is supposed to fly as well as a Coyote so it may not be bad but there is a difference. Lycans have huge domes which will hurt the disc in headwinds i think. Domes in mids are funny though vs drivers so i can't be sure without trying. Which i won't unless someone lends me one to throw. The Coyote can work as the only mid if you threw the Trident in the winds but the same can be said about good Cores so you shouldn't switch because you're at ease and familiar with it.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion