Best defunct snack foods of all time

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re:

Postby AcesAZ » Thu May 31, 2012 1:48 am

some call me...tim? wrote:Whoa, Hardee's are disappearing? They were as common as Burger Kings when I was still living in the south east. And Blake, I might be mistaken, but I think Carl's Jr. has always been around out here, but they bought out Hardee's, and then Hardee's picked up the "smiley star" motif. Or it might be the other way around. I remember there was one chain that was short lived, but it was really good: "Rax" I believe it was called. It was like a step up from normal fast food, kinda what some of the Arby's restaurants are today. I guess they were before their time though, and didn't last long. Anybody ever eaten at a "Bojangles"? They're another chain I miss from the good ol' days down south.

Rax was straight up the bomb shit. Their roast beef sandwich still makes me crave for it once in a while. They went under long ago (late 80's?), Im not surprised Im not the only one who loved that place.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Shark

Re: Re:

Postby Triton » Thu May 31, 2012 4:21 am

Rax was straight up the bomb shit. Their roast beef sandwich still makes me crave for it once in a while. They went under long ago (late 80's?), Im not surprised Im not the only one who loved that place.[/quote]

Yeah,, Rax was great. I think the last time I had Rax was 2003. By that time most were gone, except for the midwest, especially Ohio, but I think there still might be a few where it originated in Ohio that remain.
Destroyer, Tern, PD,XXX, Tee Bird, Roc, Judge
Triton
Noob

Re: Best defunct snack foods of all time

Postby jubuttib » Thu May 31, 2012 5:23 pm

Our Raxs are pretty much only good if you just have to have an infinite amount of chicken wings.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Re: Best defunct snack foods of all time

Postby AcesAZ » Thu May 31, 2012 9:26 pm

Pidan paistettu kana.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Shark

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.