Discmania (FD) Jackal

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania (FD) Jackal

Postby plex » Thu May 31, 2012 3:47 pm

the FD i had was very easy to flip.. i didnt like it, traded it away..

but the one i had was a red SUPER domey one, maybe that has something to do with it
Destroyer, Sword, Shock, Volt, Amp, River, Gator, Vector, Axis, Ion
plex
Noob

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby jubuttib » Thu May 31, 2012 5:09 pm

FD isn't meant to be hard to flip, but the flip is very controllable.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Hoey » Thu May 31, 2012 5:29 pm

jubuttib wrote:FD isn't meant to be hard to flip, but the flip is very controllable.

it sure is...

has anyone beat one in yet to the point of being more of a reliable flippy?
Throw discs, and forget about life for awhile...
Hoey
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: fuse

Postby BLURR » Thu May 31, 2012 6:12 pm

Yes. My blurple S-FD is a reliable turn over. Quite a bit flatter than my orange DGR S-FD.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby zj1002 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:36 pm

I really want a C-FD just don't want to pay $20+shipping.
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby jubuttib » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:23 am

For reliable flippy out of the box I have to say the D-FD's are tits. <3
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby victorb » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:23 am

both of my S-FDs are domey (not sure to what degree since I haven't seen any others to compare) and I'm planning on picking another few up really soon. The more throws I get with this disc, the more I liken it to a nicely worn DX teebird. Lots of glide, locks onto a line without being flippy, easy to throw at lower power and lower lines than it would seem at first.

Actually, I think I'd go as far as to say this is the driver version of a Comet. Won't be out of my bag anytime in the near future that's for sure. Discmania really hit a good one with this mold.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fightingthetide » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:50 pm

victorb wrote:both of my S-FDs are domey (not sure to what degree since I haven't seen any others to compare) and I'm planning on picking another few up really soon. The more throws I get with this disc, the more I liken it to a nicely worn DX teebird. Lots of glide, locks onto a line without being flippy, easy to throw at lower power and lower lines than it would seem at first.

Actually, I think I'd go as far as to say this is the driver version of a Comet. Won't be out of my bag anytime in the near future that's for sure. Discmania really hit a good one with this mold.

+1 on the line-shaping without flipping
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JHern » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:53 pm

I ran across one at a store the other day and almost picked it up. It was Orange S-FD (I think the stamp was gold), but it looked really domey and I wasn't sure if that is the one I want. Anyone else come across these domey Orange S-FDs, how do they fly?
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby victorb » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:19 pm

JHern wrote:I ran across one at a store the other day and almost picked it up. It was Orange S-FD (I think the stamp was gold), but it looked really domey and I wasn't sure if that is the one I want. Anyone else come across these domey Orange S-FDs, how do they fly?

I have an orange domey ( I think) 175. Flies like I described above. Fantastic disc, worth at least trying out.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Flipflat » Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:24 pm

victorb wrote:
JHern wrote:I ran across one at a store the other day and almost picked it up. It was Orange S-FD (I think the stamp was gold), but it looked really domey and I wasn't sure if that is the one I want. Anyone else come across these domey Orange S-FDs, how do they fly?

I have an orange domey ( I think) 175. Flies like I described above. Fantastic disc, worth at least trying out.

Domey is what you want, I've got 3 orange all with the same dome, the one in the bag is great, driver comet kinda rings true.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby jubuttib » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:32 pm

I really can't agree with the driver Comet thing, because from my experience Comets have no natural turn unless you beat them in quite a bit, whereas the FD definitely has some turn to it (though it's certainly not flippy). The end fade of my FD's also doesn't quite fit.

I will agree that it is a somewhat middish feeling driver though.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby linkinparkervii » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:47 pm

Flipflat wrote:
victorb wrote:

Domey is what you want, I've got 3 orange all with the same dome, the one in the bag is great, driver comet kinda rings true.

Id say more of a beat roc driver
linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Gold Line Core

Postby chickenonabun » Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:56 pm

I just got a 168 domey orange. I haven't thrown it enough yet, but it is fairly stable and only has a small amount of turn. It isn't even that bad in the wind either. I'm hoping it will beat in more to a less stable compliment to my Star Eagle X which hasn't seemed to have lost any stability after a year of use.
Aviars Zones Rocs Teebirds Eagles Predators Avenger SS
chickenonabun
Noob

Favorite Disc: Z Buzzz

Postby Pwingles » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:23 pm

chickenonabun wrote:I just got a 168 domey orange. I haven't thrown it enough yet, but it is fairly stable and only has a small amount of turn. It isn't even that bad in the wind either. I'm hoping it will beat in more to a less stable compliment to my Star Eagle X which hasn't seemed to have lost any stability after a year of use.

It will fill that need
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment