Re: Beer

Postby ZZgolfer » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:19 pm

Disc Golf and Beer......... 8)
ZZgolfer
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby JR » Wed May 02, 2012 8:15 am

What was drank for the rest of the round after that ran out?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby ZZgolfer » Wed May 02, 2012 12:11 pm

^^ I can't remember lol.....
ZZgolfer
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby JR » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:25 pm

Mikkeller 1000 IBU Ultramate ain't to be consumed before needing to do serious tasting. HELLO!? For those that know what IBU means the name should be telling enough. You think IPAs aren't session beers? Puhleeeze! There are things like double IPAs, Triple IPAs before this appropriately named ultra IPA. BAM!
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby TOURNEYPLAYER » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:04 pm

Going to Macs tonight to drink some good shit. prob gonna have about five 90 min IPAs. then stumble home.
TOURNEYPLAYER
I bugged Frank for a rank and got this as my rank. WOOOO Frank rules!

Favorite Disc: ZONE BITCHES

Re: Re: Beer

Postby zenn0913 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:36 pm

JR wrote:Mikkeller 1000 IBU Ultramate ain't to be consumed before needing to do serious tasting. HELLO!? For those that know what IBU means the name should be telling enough. You think IPAs aren't session beers? Puhleeeze! There are things like double IPAs, Triple IPAs before this appropriately named ultra IPA. BAM!

Flat earth brewing out of St Paul has a 115 IBU IPA called Northwestern.. It's amazing.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2
zenn0913
Noob

Favorite Disc: Z Buzzz

Postby JR » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:30 am

More IBUs does not automatically translate to better taste at least if you're not total hophead but the scale is linear so the difference between the 115 and the theoretical 1000 is pretty steep :-) Theoretical because measurement equipment lose their accuracy way earlier. Bell's Hopslam is good but loses to the best Finnish hop bomb Alpo's IPA only available on tap locally sorry guys.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:50 am

Shipyard Crushed Blueberries -you gotta try this one.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby NoLifeLeft » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:48 pm

Just had a bottle of Stone Brewing's Vertical Epic 11. That was disappointing, very homebrew-y.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby bcr123psu » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:33 am

I'll add another "meh" beer to the list: Victory 12. It wasn't terrible, but there was nothing to balance the extra alcohol. So you get a nice mouthful of Belgian style ale followed by really boozy overtones. Shit is strong too...12% is no joke when you're dehydrated.

bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: The one in my brakes

Postby kern9787 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:27 am

That's been my impression of any victory beer I've had (I've only had a few though). It's not just the high alcohol content, because I've had stronger that still tasted great. They just don't have great flavor to go with it.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby pietrocrespi » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:35 pm

Goddd, I had a few shakespeare's last night. So fucking delicious.
pietrocrespi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby bcr123psu » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:27 pm

kern9787 wrote:That's been my impression of any victory beer I've had (I've only had a few though). It's not just the high alcohol content, because I've had stronger that still tasted great. They just don't have great flavor to go with it.

Try some of their lower octane brews. Hop Devil is a pretty solid buhr and their Whirlwind Wit is a decent wheat offering.
bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: The one in my brakes

Postby RustyP » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:32 pm

JR wrote:Mikkeller 1000 IBU Ultramate ain't to be consumed before needing to do serious tasting. HELLO!? For those that know what IBU means the name should be telling enough. You think IPAs aren't session beers? Puhleeeze! There are things like double IPAs, Triple IPAs before this appropriately named ultra IPA. BAM!

:shock: how many days until your tastebuds came out of the coma?
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby colombo117 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:27 am

Victory's Prima Pils, when fresh, is an outstanding Pilsner. Right up there with The Curl, an Imperial Pilsner from Shorts.
Ion Challenger Roc EL/EX QJLS Valkyrie Predator
colombo117
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Challenger

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.