Need Help Crushing Blizzards..

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Need Help Crushing Blizzards..

Postby emiller3 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:28 pm

Getting a full hit is hard to do and thus there isn't much discussion about it here. Check out the stickied topics in the Technique section for some ideas, especially the incomplete secret technique, Snap 2009, and maxing out at 300'.

I was under the impression that all light discs tend to show form flaws like this. They're easiery to manipulate but, consequently, less forgiving of release issues.
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby JR » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:17 am

I'm a half hitter. When i lock my wrist it strains the muscles and slows down the arm speed and i max out at 350'. Snapped half hit golf D is 400' with distance lines skips plus wind help can push discs out to 420' with the longest 3 ever air shots having hit a wall at 440ish' without touching the ground. The thread for half vs full hitting is the incomplete super sekret technique. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19220 It is incomplete because hitting it fully is rare and not many can do it especially all the time. And that teaching it so that more than one in a hundred could learn it according to Blake.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby CJ1998 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:43 pm

I've found that the Blizzard discs -- much like the 150s -- expose the flaws in your technique. They're much more sensitive to OAT given the light weight -- the tiniest amount of wrist roll can screw up an otherwise great shot. The hammer throw concept is not as effective given the light weight -- it's harder to perceive the weight of the disc as you pull to the hit. Heavier discs mask these issues.

My biggest issue with these discs is grip locking. But when I hit the line and the wind is right, holy crap they go far!
CJ1998
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Previous

Return to Technique