Re: pure(ly) awesome

Postby disc junkie » Wed May 30, 2012 1:05 pm

These are PURE ( . )( . )
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby Drowsy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:25 am

I had a 175 gram Champion classic roc that flew the same line as a teebird when thrown flat, just much shorter. Aka dead straight, predictable fade. When thrown with 100% power. It never flipped. I was steered to the pure as a replacement, but it sounds high speed understable. Is this accurate?
B!tch out + Pitch out =]
Drowsy
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzzzz

Postby Booter » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:44 am

if you have a clean throw, itll be very similar to a ccr.

btw, tm2 pures are out of the bag. not really feeling them. im just sticking to optos!
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:45 am

I'm starting to waffle between anodes and opto pures again. Pures seem to only want to go dead straight whereas I can line shape with my anodes better.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Jeronimo » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:47 am

Frank Delicious wrote:I'm starting to waffle between anodes and opto pures again. Pures seem to only want to go dead straight whereas I can line shape with my anodes better.

Sounds like the age old Buzzz vs. Roc story.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:48 am

yeah it's the same thing I went through with buzzes and rocs and TBs and eagles.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Bultx1215 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:02 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:I'm starting to waffle between anodes and opto pures again. Pures seem to only want to go dead straight whereas I can line shape with my anodes better.

I'm the exact opposite. Pures kicked my Anodes out for the same reason....though I did better with the Med. Anode than the soft. Still, the Pure is here to stay.
Bultx1215
Noob

Favorite Disc: Saint

Postby Ryan C » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:50 am

I bought 3 identical orange Opto Pures for testing, and they are just spooky straight. I was practicing some 200' approach shots in the field, and I kept thinking I must have flipped it over a little bit, cause it was just landing completely flat. After a bunch of throws, I realized that these things will hardly move left at all unless I put some hyzer on them.

To get a perfectly straight flight at full power, I have to add a little hyzer, or they will track right. They just don't fade. Anodes clearly outperform them in the hyzer department. I can get better and more consistent movement to the left with an Anode. I have been throwing Rhynos lately, so I'll try a Pure/Rhyno setup for a bit, and see how much I miss Anodes. They had a lot of flash on them when I got them, and I deflashed them before I threw them, so I expect they would have been a little more stable out of the box.

Definitely uncertain if they'll knock Anodes or not. I resist constantly changing my bag just because another good disc came out. I may simply not need them. If I imagine myself carrying both, I feel like I'll be reaching for the Anode more often than not. They feel a little more trustworthy. Recommend these new Pures though. They fly well, feel good in the hand (after deflashing), and come in my favorite plastic.
Anode--Fuse--Buzzz--Vector--TD--Teebird--Hurricane--Predator
Ryan C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby JR » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:52 pm

I haven't used measuring equipment but does the Opto Pure feel thinner to you than the earlier plastics? Mine has a good deal of flash and even with it mine feels noticeably leaner in the hand vs older Pures. Got mine yesterday and haven't thrown it yet. I'm injured once more trying to recover from my ankle surgery so i can't throw fully yet.

I've taken a week off now after getting a marathon runners nail in the big toe. It will fall off in a week or two :shock: So i think i will need to try if i can get in any shots by doing smooth low powered stand stills that won't aggravate the toe more than walking would. Each step hurts now. Stir crazy and pissed off after the second longest winter in living memory in my town missing out from May 22nd with 3 month summer of Finland so i might walk to a nearby field enroute to the grocery store. To get at least some indication of how it putts and approaches along with two new for me Ions. Stormtrooper 165 M and against my order a clear soft. I ordered an opaque for straightest possible putts because those are out of production and i never got enough light backups. Light for less drop=less aiming corrections for height=fewer chances of making distances estimation and aiming correction errors.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby zenn0913 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:34 pm

I'd say Zero < Grip < EZE < Opto.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2
zenn0913
Noob

Favorite Disc: Z Buzzz

Postby Booter » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:49 pm

found thes pearly swirly opto pure today at discnation. feels amazing ! much grippier than my pink optos and still stable.

after a few acetone wipes :)
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby linkinparkervii » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:30 pm

Got a good test of the optos the other day. I was throwing it on some holes that I normally throw a mid on. My opto was surprisingly more stable that expected. I gave it a touch of hyzer and it flew dead straight when i figured it would turn some then fade back.

I usually use my pures for approaches and zeros to putt, but the opto turned out to be a great off the tee driver. Its also great for touchy approach shots, anny approaches and elevator shots when i want to run the basket from ~100' out and not fear blowing by the basket
linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Gold Line Core

Postby keltik » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:20 pm

anybody had a chance to test run the EZE Pures. I saw on Facebook that Disc Nation has them.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby linkinparkervii » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:39 pm

keltik wrote:anybody had a chance to test run the EZE Pures. I saw on Facebook that Disc Nation has them.

Pretty much everyone has them. They are the TM2 plastic
linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Gold Line Core

Postby TOURNEYPLAYER » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:48 pm

Opto pure just knocked my anode out of the bag. Love it.
TOURNEYPLAYER
I bugged Frank for a rank and got this as my rank. WOOOO Frank rules!

Favorite Disc: ZONE BITCHES

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment