Yum yums

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Yum yums

Postby JR » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:57 am

Poppamies Coco Mango is the freshest tasting chili sauce i've ever had. To the point of not fitting well with red meat but being the best ever that i've tried with sallad and good with chicken.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby bergdawg » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:32 am

I had a Market Fresh sandwich from Arby's last night. Curly fries, of course.
bergdawg
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 10M Brick

Postby pietrocrespi » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:06 pm

Berg, you are the culinary king.
pietrocrespi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby veganray » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:41 am

Late spring, prime time for one of my favorite treats - herb salads. I am now enjoying one consisting of:
two types of parsley
two types of mint
a little dill
brown jasmine rice
brown tomatoes
daikon radish
red spring onions
lemon juice
EVOO
salt
cinnamon
smoked datil chile powder
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby veganray » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:39 am

Had some AMAZING sushi & sashimi last night. Inarizushi (sweet fried tofu pillows) stuffed with burdock & brown rice; futomaki (fat seaweed rolls) stuffed with white rice, scallion, chiles, & tempura asparagus; hosomaki (skinny seaweed rolls) stuffed with white rice & cucumber; hosomaki stuffed with white rice & avocado; hosomaki stuffed with white rice & pickled radish; uramaki (rice on the outside rolls) stiffed with asparagus, sesame greens, & avocado; gunkanmaki (soft "warship bombs") stuffed with brown rice & superfine carrot; gunkanmaki stuffed with white rice & assorted sea vegetables; gunkanmaki stuffed with white rice & fermented soybean; a large assortment of nigirizushi (familiar, hand-formed sushi) featuring various combinations of brown or white rice, avocado, sweet fried tofu, shiitake mushroom, asparagus, chiles, burdock, pickled radish, radish sprout, & dried gourd; and sashimi of perfectly steamed & cooled broccoli, tempura asparagus, tempura yam, superfine carrot, superfine daikon radish, avocado, & sweet fried tofu. The familiar soy sauce, wasabi paste, & pickled ginger as condiments, as well as the unfamiliar kinome (prickly ash leaf), umeboshi (plum and perilla) paste, & mouth-numbing sansho peppercorn.

Wanda had a bowl of miso/tofu/seaweed soup & a ridiculously huge roll of white rice, spicy lobster salad, tempura shrimp, thinly-sliced conch, & tempura banana all wrapped with beet-tinted soybean paper & dressed with mango puree. (That alongside liberally sampling the obscene amount delivered to me.)

All washed down with 300ml of delicious microbrewed milky sake from Oregon.

Looked like a gutbuster when the freakin' boat of food was delivered, but I ate it all & still felt fresh & light. A memorable meal!
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby BLURR » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:46 pm

more like yuck yuck...

If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby jubuttib » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:33 am

Quick question: Anyone have any idea how long the Hawk Hollow Heat sauces stay edible when refrigerated? Mainly interested in the Scorpion's Ghost, if that matters. I'm under the assumption that chili sauces tend to last for a long time.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby veganray » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:16 am

Indefinitely. After 4-5 years, they will turn from red to a dusty brown, but they are completely safe &, imho, actually taste a wee bit better after that "degradation".

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby jubuttib » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:08 am

veganray wrote:Indefinitely. After 4-5 years, they will turn from red to a dusty brown, but they are completely safe &, imho, actually taste a wee bit better after that "degradation".
Yeah, that's pretty much what I'd figured since the ones I have still taste just as good as they did when I got them, but not having a lot of experience with such sauces wanted to know for sure. =)

Not a huge fan of the Datil Mango, but the Scorpion's Ghost is absolutely fantastic, I wish I could get more of that...
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby jubuttib » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Tried to make nikuman! Even succeeded with a few of them towards the end!

Not quite traditional recipe, used bacon seasoned with soy sauce and garlic Sri Racha, but so very very tasty.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.