Help Selecting a New Driver

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Help Selecting a New Driver

Postby tuckerjt07 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Thanks JR I went out today and did some field work and slowed everything thing down like you suggested in the other thread. I made a conscious effort to move slowly, turn my heels towards the target, and waiting until I could see the target before I started pulling. This did not net me any more distance but did have me throwing on a lot lower and straighter lines. The one thing that I did not understand was the rotating on the heel. Does that mean you should finish the spin on the heel or spin on the heel the whole time?
tuckerjt07
Noob

Favorite Disc: GStar Tern

Re: Help Selecting a New Driver

Postby JR » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:34 am

Toe heel toe. Look at most top pros in videos for this: The right toe inner side lands on the ground first and the side of the foot/sole corner rolls from the toe to the heel and then the pivot occurs. The pivot happens when you're on the heel and the ball of the foot is up in the air. After the disc has left you still have momentum which forces you to walk forward with the left leg. That completes the full weight shift forward and forces the right foot to end up on the toe again with the heel in the air.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Equipment