Severe lack of distance with all discs

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Severe lack of distance with all discs

Postby treehugger87 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:59 am

Newly registered to the forum, but I really enjoy the site. I enjoy all the posts and instructional articles, but I'm having some problems. I've been doing field work and playing rounds of 18-27 holes a day 3-4 days a week and I can't get adequate distance. There must be something severely wrong with my technique because I throw all my discs about the same distance with no discernable difference between my putters and drivers. After some field work I've corrected a previous problem of stalling and hyzering out on my drives but I can't seem to eclipse the mark between 160 and 180 feet. I plan to post video as soon as I can get a day off from work. Any general suggestions?
treehugger87
Noob

Favorite Disc: DX Destroyer

Re: Severe lack of distance with all discs

Postby keltik » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:08 am

Welcome to DGR!

if you are throwing everything 160-180 then you have not fully corrected the issue of stall and crash. This phenomena of everybody go ~175 is usually caused by nose up. I had this same problem in the beginning as well and I learned after watching video of myself that I was leaning backwards/away from the throw. video tape yourself and you will probably see yourself leaning away from the shot. lean into the throw.

oh and read this:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16139
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Re: Severe lack of distance with all discs

Postby treehugger87 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:30 am

thanks for the reply keltik...I've actually gained some distance since "correcting" my stalling issue but I'm still not getting that big d that I need to compete and I think the rest of my rounds suffer because of it...my putting is good and my midrange game is acceptable but my drives are killing my scores...i'm going to video tape myself this upcoming thursday if weather and time allow and if i can't spot myself leaning back i'll follow up with a post in the video area...the video will also allow for further critique...i may throw some this afternoon after work and really focus on getting my weight over my front foot and see what happens...i'll post again with results
treehugger87
Noob

Favorite Disc: DX Destroyer

Return to Technique