Krait

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Krait

Postby Redisculous » Sun May 06, 2012 4:45 pm

If it flies as advertised, this will probably be the first thing they've come out with in years that I will throw.

Been stuck in this range where a wraith just fades too much for quite some time so... yeah that.
Anode | Comet | Axis |Vector | PPD | SPD | CPD
Redisculous
Fairway Surgeon

Location: Southern Wisconsin, where the best courses are in Illinois!
Favorite Disc: Axis

Postby keltik » Sun May 06, 2012 8:03 pm

why would we use drift? it's faster to type than turnover. but we do use turn which is faster than drift. I'm just trying to keep conversation going.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby jubuttib » Mon May 07, 2012 1:24 am

keltik wrote:why would we use drift? it's faster to type than turnover. but we do use turn which is faster than drift. I'm just trying to keep conversation going.
Turnover is a pretty specific term though.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby turso » Mon May 07, 2012 4:23 am

keltik wrote:why would we use drift? it's faster to type than turnover. but we do use turn which is faster than drift. I'm just trying to keep conversation going.

Yeah, drift's not really that clear on what it means as a term for DG. I didn't even realise you wanted to replace turnover with it. No thanks.

And if you're seriously so lazy that you're trying to change a term because it has couple too many letters for you to type, well... :)
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby Snapopatimus » Tue May 29, 2012 11:06 am

Any good info on this disc?

I picked up one of the cfr ones and have only had a chance to throw it few times. Bottom looks very similar to mamba with a near flat wing having a turn down near the inner lip. No idea on the top. Initial thoughts are that the disc is a fairly straight flyer with some turn and a long forward fade. Havent thrown enough to see really though.
Snapopatimus
Noob

Favorite Disc: yes

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:22 pm

So....has anyone tossed these yet? I fondled some at PIAS today and they felt great in the hand. Is there any reason to throw these over a Wraith?
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Booter » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:49 pm

these are what the archon should have been. nice and straight with gradual turn and slow late fade. reminded me of a seasoned old run star wraith i had .
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby veganray » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:50 pm

My 150g Blizz Kraits are pretty much indistinguishable from 150g Blizz Wraiths.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby Jeronimo » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:36 pm

Booter wrote:these are what the archon should have been. nice and straight with gradual turn and slow late fade. reminded me of a seasoned old run star wraith i had .

YES, exactly. I was so disappointed with the Archon, such a flippy piece o' shit. These things fly great, out of the box, in champ plastic. It's a beautiful thing. I'd wager over time that it'll beat in to a state similar to a Sidewinder-ish flight, which will still be useful to me. The biggest complaint i've seen thus far is that they fade out hard at the end of the flight but I really can't say I've noticed it as THAT extreme. Yeah they fade out and I guess I would call it a bit more abrupt than a Wraith... Maybe not, I seriously don't notice it that much. It flies pretty damn straight 90% of the flight and maybe drops 15-20 feet left of that line fairly suddenly. It's a good disc and I hope people give it a chance.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Rogue9 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:32 am

veganray wrote:My 150g Blizz Kraits are pretty much indistinguishable from 150g Blizz Wraiths.

In flight, feel or both?
Rogue9
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: MVP Axis

Postby veganray » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:46 am

Both. If I really minutiae-ize it, maybe the Krait has a few cm less turn & a few cm less fade, and is an iota flatter & "beefier" feeling in the hand, but the differences are so minimal that I would expect them not to be evident in a blind head-to-head comparison.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby Rogue9 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:49 am

I read your post in the blizzard thread after posting here, and you pretty much answered my follow up question. So the fade still is pretty far left? Not significantly straighter to warrant carrying both?
Rogue9
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: MVP Axis

Postby veganray » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:53 am

For me, I can't imagine carrying both, as the differences are de minimus. Every player should be his own judge, though (especially considering the wild inconsistency between runs/specimens of Blizzard discs).

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby Pwingles » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:49 am

Gonna throw a bliz krait today, but i have already thrown a sparkle champ and it seems to have a ton of potential, personally would like one in a sexy blend of star, but even then idk if it has a slot in the bag with my curren setup, nice disc tho
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby Fightingthetide » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:59 am

Any more updates on the Krait?

I'm eyeing this as a distance driver. I've thrown Star Wraiths before, but they require a beating for me to get them to a point where they don't lose distance because of their fade. I've also thrown Archons but found them to turn and fade too much. From what this sounds like, it could fit the bill for a good distance driver in my power range - 350' max on flat ground, no wind.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment