Ching Supreme

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Ching Supreme

Postby Jelyman » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:03 pm

Iheard that Ching is going to be making the genesis in their supreme plastic and some of their other discs in supreme as well. Anyone else heard this, or know when it will happen.
Jelyman
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: River

Re: Ching Supreme

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:10 pm

I have not throw a ching disc in like 5 years. Their champ plastic was way too gummy and easily chewed up. Is the genesis supreme better?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby juju » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:10 pm

supreme juju's are fun catch discs, but yeah way too gummy for golf duties
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Postby money 21 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:12 pm

wouldn't mind throwing a velocity in a better plastic.
ringer, aero, breaker, glide, sabre, valk, avenger, flick, helios, teedevil, halo
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby Jelyman » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:43 pm

The supreme velocity was a really good disc IMO. It wasn't like the crazy gummy juju. I haven't thrown a Ching in quite a while either but I was mainly curious to hear that Ching might be doing.....well anything.
Jelyman
Tree Magnet

Postby Hoey » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:54 pm

juju wrote:supreme juju's are fun catch discs, but yeah way too gummy for golf duties

I personally thought the same, but there's a niche out there who love them.
Throw discs, and forget about life for awhile...
Hoey
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: fuse

Postby JHern » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:34 pm

There was a pitch for Ching in this issue of DiscGolfer Magazine ("New Gear This Year" section, page 20):

CHING has recently made some interesting production moves, bringing about half of its golf disc molds to the United States. "Prices overseas are inviting for mass production, but we need quicker turnarounds and hands-on development," said owner Mike Holgate. "That's just not possible with manufacturing abroad. We're excited to see the results from our factory in Western North Carolina already, with some tasty Supreme Genesis in the pipeline and several other models in hi-end plastic close behind."

The new Supreme plastic Genesis that Mike refers to offers a pure, high-caliber, 22-cm rim profile, and subtle streamlined Excelerator contours provide exceptional speed and delivery. The Genesis driver reflects several years of patience and development exploring Ching's D.R.A.F.T. technology, finally realized with in-house 3D design and advanced industry 'one-up' prototype testing. The result is a very fast, guaranteed go-to driver for pro-level competitors. Price: $15.99 More info: http://www.ching.us.com

Sounds promising.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Jelyman » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:51 am

I agree it sounds promising, but that scanner stamp thing is just weird.
Jelyman
Tree Magnet

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:54 am

http://www.ching.us.com/sports/index.ph ... ort-detail this thing looks really weird, it seems like you could create some punishing risk/reward situations with the adjustable angle though, kind of a cool way to simulate a real putting green I suppose.
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Jelyman » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:24 pm

So i picked one of these up....just because idk.

Anyway, they are really stable, to the point where it kinda reminded me of the Villain. Feels a little awkward to use as a backhand disc but awesome for flicks. It wasnt goint to make my bag because I dont flick and I already have a overstable utility/wind disc in there, but now i am rethinking it because last week i started tinkering with it for overhands and it was going farther than anything else atm. Still not a disc that will make my bag regularly but probably on a few courses where i would use an overhand drive.

Just some thoughts for like the 3 people that might be interested, lol.
Jelyman
Tree Magnet

Postby JHern » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:54 am

Jelyman wrote:So i picked one of these up....they are really stable, to the point where it kinda reminded me of the Villain.

I think you probably meant over-stable, not stable. In any case, it sounds like kind of a dud...not a disc that will attract a lot of customers.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Jelyman » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:58 pm

yes i meant over stable. not sure why i put stable...shrug. anyway yeah i dont expect this to be anything big. Kinda confused why they chose to put this in their supreme plastic before other discs that would have probably don better.

i won't go as far as to say the disc itself is a dud. i think its reception will be a dud. as it stands i think its a fine disc for what it is suppose to do, but it has no draw or overwhelming appeal so it isn't going to make any bags...or few at least.
Jelyman
Tree Magnet

Postby Jelyman » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:58 pm

yes i meant over stable. not sure why i put stable...shrug. anyway yeah i dont expect this to be anything big. Kinda confused why they chose to put this in their supreme plastic before other discs that would have probably don better.

i won't go as far as to say the disc itself is a dud. i think its reception will be a dud. as it stands i think its a fine disc for what it is suppose to do, but it has no draw or overwhelming appeal so it isn't going to make any bags...or few at least.
Jelyman
Tree Magnet

Return to Equipment