Throwing help...short throws and disc golf woes

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Throwing help...short throws and disc golf woes

Postby keltik » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:54 pm

one big thing I see is that you are not using your legs and hips at all. you are throwing tight to the chest and pulling on a good plane but you are not getting anything from the lower body and you are not getting your weight into the throw. that's just what I see right now.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby treehugger87 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:51 pm

i noticed that i wasn't opening my hips and i wasn't seeing an uncoiing motion from the ground up. i'll have to work on it next monday (first day off work). i finally did get a consistent throw around 230' or 235' and a sporadic 250' by the end of the day i posted the video. i'm excited to see what will happen if i incorporate more hips/leg drive.
treehugger87
Noob

Favorite Disc: DX Destroyer

Postby keltik » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:07 pm

Have you tried yoga? Many of the poses/sanas stretch out the muscles used in DG very well. work on your squat form too (yes the weight lifting motion). http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC03D688F10C4DE1F

I know it is about weight lifting but it is about using the muscles in your lower body and core. The guy goes over a lot of stretches and how to place your hips and knees for power and proper muscle use. I used to lift a lot but it does translate to DG (sort of). Squatting is just fun anyway.

EDIT: I saw where we spoke about you stalling at 160-180 with everything. I am glad to see you are making progress. keep it up!
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Previous

Return to Video Critique