I ran into a tutorial on disc dyeing on youtube and figured I'd give it a shot. The disc I used was a Champion TL 175.
here's the initial cutout (tedious as all hell)
Here's the dry top pre-dye
"put george carlin in a pan on low heat for 8-10 minutes" <--- always wanted to say that.
It came out pretty good. I either used crappy contact paper or should have heated it up before throwing it in the pan but either way there was some slight bleeding out around the edges, but nothing noticeable. I've made a few since but nothing as detailed and painstaking.
ps the tl flies pretty good, a little slow for me though.