Putter Questions

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Putter Questions

Postby kprestel » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:35 pm

So I am curious about a new putter...

Specifically the MVP putter Anonde?

Anyways I throw a SS wizard right now, honestly no huge complaints. I love throwing up shots with it I was going to get a harder plastic to drive with. But heres my problem I love the flight path of the disc when I putt. But I hate the feel of the plastic. I like the softness of it but like the "Powederyness" (yeah made up word) of the plastic. My other problem is it drops a little quick on me (probably user error but just want to make sure)

So I was wondering if the Anonde would be a good inside the circle putter. I am a pretty good putter, Im rather new to the game so when I play doubles people look to me as the Putter of the team.
kprestel
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: Putter Questions

Postby Jewdy » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:29 pm

I really like the MVP putters, I even bag a soft Ion, but my main putter is a SS Wizard(chalky). I think they are great putters (especially with a little spin) but where they really excel is off the tee and up shots. My Ion is my most thrown disc, almost every up shot. The reason that it isn't my main putter is because of the grip.

Having a premium plastic putter is fine 90 % of the time but I grip my putter very lightly and when my palms get sweaty I don't want to change putters mid round. So, I putt with my SS Wizard and keep the Ion around for the other stuff. One of the benefits of doing this is that the Wizard lasts way longer.
Crank-Destroyers-Patriot-Rival-Firebird-Comets-Fugitive-Zone-Wizards
Jewdy
Noob

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby kprestel » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:33 pm

that does make alot of sense.

i feel like that is a path I may go down.

Thanks for the info!
kprestel
Noob

Postby rwmurrow » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:18 am

Challenger! Similar flightpath, more glide so less drop. Cheap, easy to find and no Powederyness.
Destroyer,PD2, Firebird, Teebird, Gator, Roc, Challenger
rwmurrow
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:59 am

Anode glides even more than the Challenger by a big margin and the Anode or the Ion have slick plastic to the point of being problematic in the rain and cold weather. Softs aren't great in hot places in the summer if you dislike soft plastic. In other conditions the added tackiness vs the mediums adds safety against slips.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Equipment