Latitude 64 Pro Bag?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Latitude 64 Pro Bag?

Postby Three Puttz » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:00 am

I'm in the market for a new bag and the Lat 64 Pro Bag's sexiness caught my eye. Has anybody here put one through it's paces yet? I'm having a hard time finding anything using the search function and all of the other reviews I've found elsewhere on the internet have just been real quick overviews of it's features.

I'm most concerned with durability really. I don't want to drop 80 bones on a bag that will only last a season or two. I'm also curious if there are any other pros or cons of the bag that may not get mentioned in the normal, rudimentary, overviews that I have seen.
Three Puttz
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: Latitude 64 Pro Bag?

Postby Pat » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:00 am

I had the very first run (the straight black) it just pooped out on me about a month after having it for about 3-4 years. I have heard about durability issues about the new ones though (zippers, waterbottle holder, tear in the bottom were my problems)

I did love the bag and I am going to take it to a seamstress to see if they can patch her up if the price is right.
Keep on Chooglin'
Pat
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jubuttib » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:39 am

Turso here had the bag for a few years, he's now sold it forward because he's getting the Prodiscus bag. I'll ask him if he could come and comment.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby turso » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:36 pm

I abused mine A LOT for 2 seasons and managed to break the tightening cord on the bottle holder and the big front pocket zipper after stuffing the pocket way too full and trying to force it closed. Slight abrasion on the bottom due to throwing it down every time on gravel and asphalt and what not, but otherwise was in great shape.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby Three Puttz » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Pat wrote:I had the very first run (the straight black) it just pooped out on me about a month after having it for about 3-4 years. I have heard about durability issues about the new ones though (zippers, waterbottle holder, tear in the bottom were my problems)

I did love the bag and I am going to take it to a seamstress to see if they can patch her up if the price is right.

I'm not sure if that have is supposed to be a haven't. I make typos with contractions all the time and end up saying the exact opposite of what I mean. If it is correct and you have heard about durability issues, what were some of them with the new bags?

I appreciate the feedback. I'm leaning towards picking one up. 3 or 4 years would be long enough to justify the price, imo.
Three Puttz
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby jubuttib » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:52 pm

turso really has been abusing that poor poor bag, and apart from him being an idiot and breaking the zipper, the bag has held up great from what I've seen and doesn't look bad at all. If you're not an idiot you should easily get 4-10 seasons out of the thing.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby keltik » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:56 pm

I have a red and gold one. I've had it a few years but I usually only used it for tournaments. I've lately started using it for casual play. I paid $90 for it back then and it has been worth every penny.

I think it's an excellent bag for the money. It can get really heavy when it's loaded down for a 4 round tournament.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Return to Equipment