Sonic's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Sonic's Bag

Postby SonicDG » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:39 pm

If anyone wants to critique, they are more than welcome to.

Normal Range: 460ish
Max Range: 500

Max Drivers:
150g Blizzard Boss (currently lost all in my bag, in the act of restocking)
(2x) 175g Star Destroyers

Drivers:
175g CFR Glow Firebird (meat-hook)
175g Star Roadrunner (all turnover shots)
168g Star Roadrunner (new stable run)

Fairway Driver:
(2x) 169g Champ Teebird
175g CFR Teebird (overstable teebird)

Midranges:
180g KC Pro Roc (stable Roc)
178g KC Pro Roc (understable Roc)
166g Roc3 (dead straight with not a lot of power needed)

Putters:
(2x) 175g SS Wizards (putting exclusively)
(2x) 172g ESP Zones (drives, really used more as a midrange)
172g PA1 Proto (upshots)
169g PA4 Proto (turnover shots)
Last edited by SonicDG on Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 42 times in total.
SonicDG
Noob

Re: Sonic's Bag

Postby Hyzerline49 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:23 am

i like the bag, but it seems like you could easily manage all the midrange shots with a buzzz, and possibly drop atleast 1 or 2 of the other molds (roc and spider)
Forces - Orcs - Banshees - Eagles - Wasps - Rocs - Zones - Wizards
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Roc

Sonic's Bag

Postby SonicDG » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:44 pm

Updated bag
SonicDG
Noob

Postby SonicDG » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:56 pm

updated
SonicDG
Noob

Postby JR » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:22 pm

How far do you throw? I'm thinking more distance could be gained with longer discs. There are lots of those vs a Wraith. Blizzzard if necessary. Possibly even a Wraith but a Katana and sufficiently light Boss could improve D a lot.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby SonicDG » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:14 pm

I throw right around 400. Some days its a little more, some days its a little less
SonicDG
Noob

Postby SonicDG » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:53 pm

The bag changed quite a bit over the summer, Im definitely pleased with it. I shot my lowest score ever this summer (-14). My putts have never been more consistent, even though I get made fun of all the time for using Aeros. The only thing missing would be a max distance driver. I still have my Star Wraith but it doesn't go any further than my teebirds. I don't really need something longer than 400' on my home course but I'm now starting to play in more and more tournaments and wanted something for more wide open holes (my course is mostly wooded). The furthest I have thrown is 450 with a krait but didn't care for it too much. I can throw consistently ~415 with my teebirds. I see JR suggested some. I've only thrown one Blizzard discs and I lost it within 5 throws because I turned it over on a 600ft hole with a huge dropoff to the right. It was a 15?g Blizzard Wraith. Someone told me the lighter ones are a little more stable, im not sure if thats true or not. What about a Blizzard Boss? and if so should I go lighter (<140g) or heavier (>140g). Thanks again guys!!!
SonicDG
Noob

Postby JR » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:53 am

In no wind conditions at sea level my 138 Boss doesn't turn but it fades fairly early and hard like a 170 Pro Boss when new. Meaning too much for me but started annied it'll go past 400' s-curved. A 150 Boss wouldn't be bounced as much by the wind but the power requirement s higher. A 150 Quasar flips about 4 degrees for me at full power but that sucker goes far on each semi decent throw so it ups the average D. Not losing many feet to the Boss. Like 4' for max D.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Sonic's Bag

Postby SonicDG » Sat May 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Summer bag updated
SonicDG
Noob

Postby SonicDG » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:05 am

Updated, found a Roc while playing a North Carolina course the other day. Started throwing it and feel in love. Taking the Buzzzs out, and experimenting with Rocs.
SonicDG
Noob

Sonic's Bag

Postby SonicDG » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:52 pm

I'm thinking about adding a Saint? Anyone wanna throw in any insight? I need something a tad faster than my teebird, more stable than my roadrunner, but not as stable as a firebird. If Saint, what plastic Opto or Gold?
SonicDG
Noob

Postby JR » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:51 pm

Saints vary and some are as hss as roadrunners with otherwise faster Eagle flight path so longer. Other Saints are more hss so it is a matter of luck or checking plh variations to get a tighter curving saint.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Sonic's Bag

Postby SonicDG » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:34 am

JR any suggestions on something to add between my Blizzard Boss and Teebird, I want something stable what will finish not too hard and isn't crazy flippy
SonicDG
Noob

Postby JR » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:33 pm

Even though that is an immensely densely populated bracket the answer is pretty standard and obvious when i'm asked: Beast. Preferably Pro and the weight according to the power of the player and mid 160s fly ok fr 400' throwers. If something slower and shorter is desirable an understable solution could be Fury or River possibly a Saint but much depends on the course, wind, rest of the bag and most of all preference. An overstable solution could be C PD and a straightish moderate wind handler P PD. PDs like more power and handle more winds than the Beast but are shorter and more fading.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby SonicDG » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:00 pm

JR wrote:Even though that is an immensely densely populated bracket the answer is pretty standard and obvious when i'm asked: Beast. Preferably Pro and the weight according to the power of the player and mid 160s fly ok fr 400' throwers. If something slower and shorter is desirable an understable solution could be Fury or River possibly a Saint but much depends on the course, wind, rest of the bag and most of all preference. An overstable solution could be C PD and a straightish moderate wind handler P PD. PDs like more power and handle more winds than the Beast but are shorter and more fading.

Thank you so much JR, your input is greatly appreciated
SonicDG
Noob

Next

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion