New way to compare discs: the Flight Analyzer

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: New way to compare discs: the Flight Analyzer

Postby hyzerhook » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:20 pm

I apologize for that; it was a bad move on my part. I thought that if I posted it saying that I made it people would feel like I was spamming it. And that posing as a user of the tool would add credibility. It turns out that I accomplished the opposite of what I intended.
hyzerhook
Noob

Favorite Disc: shark

Postby JR » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:06 pm

hyzerhook wrote:I used speed and glide to determine distance potential. I suppose there are other ways to do it, such as using the rim width, or calculating that the high speed turn would add some distance. It is also possible that Westside doesn't use exactly the same criteria as Innova when determining their flight ratings.

In any case, it is much easier for me to use the provided disc ratings than to find the rim width of every disc.

Westside and Latitude 64 use similar to each other bigger numbers for speed than Innova. Gateway also differs from every other manufacturer.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Leopard » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:06 pm

well the first step in running flight ratings through a formula is standardizing all the ratings. that means rating them yourself, whether they're innova or not.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Previous

Return to Equipment