Soooo you know those last 100 or so cfr pd's...

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Soooo you know those last 100 or so cfr pd's...

Postby Pwingles » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:55 pm

Well they got stamped up with a sweet Will S stamp and sent to my homeboys shop he's posting them on his onlIne store to help will sell them. Will is gonna use this money to help him on tour I imagine, sooo if you want the last of the flat champ PDs, click the link in my sig. They are hopefully up right now. If someone would be kind enough to pm me their email i could fwd pics if they would host them, im at league :/

Coupon codes will not be eligable for these discs, all the proceeds go to Will, the shop is just movig them for him.
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Re: Soooo you know those last 100 or so cfr pd's...

Postby jubuttib » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:13 pm

$40? What the fuck?
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby turso » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:38 pm

There's more than enough people in the world to find a few retards who'll dish out 40$ for a thrower. Unfortunately.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby CatPredator » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:07 pm

I don't think anyone who buys one is a "retard". Nothing wrong with supporting one of the best disc golfers in the world by putting $25 in the kid's pocket. The negativity on here is kind of :(
CatPredator
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Aviars

Postby Pwingles » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:02 am

CatPredator wrote:I don't think anyone who buys one is a "retard". Nothing wrong with supporting one of the best disc golfers in the world by putting $25 in the kid's pocket. The negativity on here is kind of :(

Mostly this. I dont think anyone is bummed on someone deciding to not buy one, but the attitude towards it is a lot more negative than i wouldve thought.
As far as the number of $25, idk what he got them for moneywise if anything but i know that every penny from any of this goes directly to Will and his efforts. So if theyre for sale for $40 then $40 goes to Will, just to clarify.
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:11 am

Obscene price...
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby JR » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:38 am

As a player i find needing to pay that much obscene but lucky i don't throw them. As a disc golf enthusiast i have no problem Will scrounging up money to support his job that frankly ain't paying that much. And i have no problems if collectors want to dish out for specialty collectables.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:08 am

Nothing wrong with supporting Will, he's a great player, but still, the price is way high. $40 for something like that would be OK if there were only like 20 of them, but if there are almost a 100 then it's a bit tough. Though good going for Will if they all get sold and he receives $40 for each of them, that's 4 grand is his pocket.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby BLURR » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:52 am

I was expecting around $20, maybe $25....not $40 :shock: I will just throw a regular C-PD.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby turso » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:56 am

Support or not, 40 bucks is still extortion. Collectors can pay whatever they want, but for a thrower which they SHOULD be, well...retarded.

turso

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:14 am

Lol, I wanna not work a job and travel the world to play DG too but that doesn't mean everyone should pay me twice what my wares are worth just so I can manage that. Honestly, shit like this is why I don't keep any pros as friends on FB (unless I actually know them). "hey, you guys should pay me twice what this thing is worth so I can continue to live the lifestyle that you all wish you could" just doesn't work for me, it's annoying.
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Pwingles » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:05 pm

Will kept some to take to worlds, so if you wanna hit him up there, he'll have some. Unless youre too annoyed :).
Not that im comparing the two but, people dont complain much about the price of KC TBs... They either buy them or they dont. Why would this be any different? Kid is 20, top 5 in the world at his craft, travels the world on next to nothing money wise, and u want to hate on him personally for trying to make extra money. Do you also go into peoples sale threads and deter buyers from buying their plastic? It is what it is, i understand that it is pricey and thats cool. But the attitudes towards it make me laugh.

Pretty sure when lil wiggins was selling his $35 kc rocs nobody had anything to say to him, welcome to the internet i guess.

Only 15 or so left, so if you want them get them now or hit up Will at worlds.
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Postby linkinparkervii » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:30 pm

Pwingles wrote:Will kept some to take to worlds, so if you wanna hit him up there, he'll have some. Unless youre too annoyed :).
Not that im comparing the two but, people dont complain much about the price of KC TBs... They either buy them or they dont. Why would this be any different? Kid is 20, top 5 in the world at his craft, travels the world on next to nothing money wise, and u want to hate on him personally for trying to make extra money. Do you also go into peoples sale threads and deter buyers from buying their plastic? It is what it is, i understand that it is pricey and thats cool. But the attitudes towards it make me laugh.

Pretty sure when lil wiggins was selling his $35 kc rocs nobody had anything to say to him, welcome to the internet i guess.

Only 15 or so left, so if you want them get them now or hit up Will at worlds.

I kinda agree. People have no problem dropping $50+ on CE and other discs. But I do think $40 is a little high for these. I was super excited to see them, then I saw the price tag
linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Gold Line Core

Postby Booter » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:34 pm

ive sold new big d cfrs for 35/40 so...the demand is there. sucks for a buyer but thats how it is.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby turso » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:04 pm

yeah, there's demand, and ah well if one has the cash I guess they make the prices. Paying over 25usd for a thrower is stupid no matter which disc it is. Only reason I could see myself paying for them if they were an integral part of my game and I was a top level pro, but other than that...but what the heck, it's not out of my pocket. People can go make stupid decisions all they want as long as it doesn't affect me.

turso

Next

Return to Equipment