Video game season...recommendations?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Video game season...recommendations?

Postby Parks » Fri May 25, 2012 4:38 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:League of Legends: a good way to get yelled at for sucking at a game. Worst online community ever....fun game

The LoL community is hilariously bad, but anyone who says its the worst has clearly never played an online FPS like CoD or Counter-Strike.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jesse B 707 » Fri May 25, 2012 6:40 pm

Parks wrote:
Jesse B 707 wrote:League of Legends: a good way to get yelled at for sucking at a game. Worst online community ever....fun game

The LoL community is hilariously bad, but anyone who says its the worst has clearly never played an online FPS like CoD or Counter-Strike.

I play those all the time and I've never had anyone tell me to "uninstall the game and kill yourself"...and that was probably my 5th match ever lol. Maybe it's because I'm better at shooters but for me the LoL community is the shittiest in existence. It doesn't really bother me though as I rarely even look at the chat box and I have worked my way up to only being bad at the game as opposed to useless.
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby jubuttib » Fri May 25, 2012 10:51 pm

The LoL community as a whole might well take the cake, but some parts of the online racing community certainly give them a run for their money.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sat May 26, 2012 7:52 am

I'm trying to get into the DOTA 2 beta, I hear Valve is gonna implement some kind of system where the cost of everything in the game uses a sliding scale based on your player feedback or something like that. What a cool idea, be a helpful respectful player and everything in the game should be free or close to it, act like a dick all the time and it is gonna get increasingly expensive to play the game.
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby Parks » Sat May 26, 2012 8:43 am

But then of course you just get groups of trolls to gang up on people and flag good players as abusive. Its a thin line and definitely needs additional moderation to work as intended.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Flipflat » Mon May 28, 2012 10:24 pm

The Binding of Issac just got some new DLC, $3 and it pretty much doubles the content: http://www.destructoid.com/binding-of-i ... 8170.phtml

If you haven't picked it up, you should. Great game.

I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby JR » Tue May 29, 2012 2:09 am

I think the craziest driving experience in a game or a movie i've seen is in Alone in The Dark 59th street episode. You gotta try it :-) Even though the car behaves like there's soap and grease on the wheels. You won't know the fun and the terror until you've driven it.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Triflusal » Wed May 30, 2012 12:31 pm

jubuttib wrote:The LoL community as a whole might well take the cake, but some parts of the online racing community certainly give them a run for their money.

the starcraft community can be pretty fucking dumb too

also, as a starcraft player, here is my obligatory "fuck league of legends, not even hard" comment
Triflusal
Effective absolute Communicator

Favorite Disc: whamo malibu

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:09 pm

Just got into the Smite beta, it's a MOBA game (league of legends, DoTA, etc.) That plays more like a 3rd person shooter and all of the heroes are gods from different pantheons. It seems fairly awesome so far. It is much more immersive to have to actually aim your shots (even your normal attack) and it adds some other cool stuff to the genre too like the final objective in the bases is actually a big tough minotaur boss as opposed to a lifeless "nexus" or whatever the fuck you are trying to destroy in LoL.
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby bergdawg » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:32 pm

bergdawg
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 10M Brick

Postby victorb » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:49 am

Steam is having their annual Summer sale right now...big discounts on a huge number of games. Check it out at steampowered.com to see the sales, and while you're there might as well download the platform too. No PC gamer should be without it, IMO.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby jubuttib » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:37 am

victorb wrote:Steam is having their annual Summer sale right now...big discounts on a huge number of games. Check it out at steampowered.com to see the sales, and while you're there might as well download the platform too. No PC gamer should be without it, IMO.
Yep, pretty great deals. A few of the packages seemed interesting, but unfortunately I'd bought many of the games in them already which brought the value down.

Still, did end up nabbing Fallout 3 GOTY and New Vegas Ultimate Edition.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby victorb » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:11 am

So far I've gotten Borderlands GOTY Edition, The Witcher Enhanced Edition, and Left4Dead 2. All 3 only costing me ~$16.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby JR » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:00 pm

If you want to go cheaper there are abandonware sites like old-games.com
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby vto » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:36 pm

I can heartily recommend Legend of Grimrock to anyone who has played Dungeon Master, Eye of the Beholder or Lands of Lore back in the day. And also to those who haven't played those games to see what you've missed :)

Quasar, Nuke, Predator, Orion LF, Orion LS, Roc, Comet, Sinus AP, Pure
vto
Noob

Favorite Disc: Orion LF

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.