Squall vs Gremlin

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Squall vs Gremlin

Postby AcesAZ » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:40 pm

Yeah, I'll do that for the time being with the Stalker. TB is too far gone I think to try and repair.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Shark

Postby jubuttib » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:05 am

I know I haven't thrown many different Squalls, but the SP Squall I've tested was by no means significantly more HSS than the Proline, both turned very easily when pushed, and I wouldn't really trust either in the wind.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby AcesAZ » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:17 am

what about Core and Warship?
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Postby money 21 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:57 am

squalls are great discs very long for a mid. the proline turn easier the the sp but also fade harder at the end. the sp is a very straight disc. if you are looking for a combo. get a proline squall a sp squall and a proline shockwave. the shockwave feels like a squall in the hand but is over stable. The squall will push out damn near as far as a stalker. (if the squall was easier to get in lighter weights it would still be in my bag).

I like the GM as well but it seem to fly very similar to a stalker to me just slower and with less glide.
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, beeline, lace, olace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby JR » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:36 am

jubuttib wrote:I know I haven't thrown many different Squalls, but the SP Squall I've tested was by no means significantly more HSS than the Proline, both turned very easily when pushed, and I wouldn't really trust either in the wind.

My Proline is Leo like in HSS and SP is River like so not a huge difference but a meaningful one for tunnels and winds. And easy to flip with power.

Cores vary and flip with power and winds especially. Warship is around 10' shorter than the Squall and even less HSS than Proline Squall with SP Squall fade or a hair less. Earlier and more forward penetrating fade with the Warship. None of these tackles winds well but the Shockwave is too LSS with not enough HSS to handle winds. Good Stalkers are longer, more HSS (some are as HSS as the Shockwave) and less LSS.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby AcesAZ » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:14 pm

Made quite a few changes and purchases. M Sentinel MF 173, Aftershock Dline 173, MOLF 170, Anode Soft 172, Pure Eze 171, Kite 170 Out of bag, TB, KC Roc, Stalker, Magic, maybe P2?

Current test bag- Detroyer 167/DD2 171/Astra 164/Katana Bliz 134
MOLF 170/River GL 171/Leo 175/Vision 171
MSent 173/Aftrshock 173/MD2 172/Kite 170
P2 170/Anode 172/ Pure 171

Im going to try out the Kite and the Anode and Pure. Think the Sentinel and Aftershock should make the bag. We'll see.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Postby AcesAZ » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Lost my destroyer today in the water :( ordered another one along with an opto flow orange, both 167. Anyone know how the current runs are on the optos? Got ordered 139 Bliz Destroyer too/ My Katana Bliz is just so hard to control.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Previous

Return to Equipment