The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The Temple Of ROC!!!!

Postby plex » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:28 am

sorry but temple of roc has been torn down and rebuilt by MVP.. move along now, nothing more to see here.
Destroyer, Sword, Shock, Volt, Amp, River, Gator, Vector, Axis, Ion
plex
Noob

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby rusch_bag » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Good joke.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Joz » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:56 pm

:wtf:
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby victorb » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:51 am

plex wrote:sorry but temple of roc has been torn down and rebuilt by MVP.. move along now, nothing more to see here.

please go to dgcr, you will actually find people who agree that the axis or vector or whatever is better than the roc. The roc thread is not the place to state that some new company has a disc that's better, doofus.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Jesse B 707 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:56 pm

victorb wrote:
plex wrote:sorry but temple of roc has been torn down and rebuilt by MVP.. move along now, nothing more to see here.

please go to dgcr, you will actually find people who agree that the axis or vector or whatever is better than the roc. The roc thread is not the place to state that some new company has a disc that's better, doofus.

This.
Those MVP mids are ok, but nothing near the greatness of a plain old DX Roc. Gtfo of my thread.
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Postby Timko » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:01 am

I tend to agree with this. I tried and tried to love the MVP mid, especially the Axis, but I never could get it to fly the way I wanted to consistently enough. It really came to bite me in June at the KC Wide Open. Rocs are back in the bag, and I've never been happier.

I do carry the Vector though as an overstable midrange, but I understand the new Star Ranchos are pretty beefy as well, so I may look into one of those.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Dig It » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:26 am

Timko wrote:I tried and tried to love the MVP mid, especially the Axis, but I never could get it to fly the way I wanted to consistently enough.

discspeed wrote:
rusch_bag wrote:Great another disc from MVP that will be hard to land where you want it to. :\

This means you suck.

inb4 discspeed comes in to condescend.
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Postby Working Stiff » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:50 pm

Dig It wrote:
Timko wrote:I tried and tried to love the MVP mid, especially the Axis, but I never could get it to fly the way I wanted to consistently enough.

discspeed wrote:
rusch_bag wrote:Great another disc from MVP that will be hard to land where you want it to. :\

This means you suck.

inb4 discspeed comes in to condescend.
discspeed was a Buzzz guy before the MVP thing, so we have a long history of proof that he is an idiot. :wink:
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby JR » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:51 pm

That was not wise. The wise thing to do is to love both the Buzzz and the Roc. Axis can be loveable in calmer conditions with dry weather and pure form. The usability of OS mids like the Vector is sometimes questioned. I have found great use for slower OS mids in distance control with spike hyzers and storm straight shots at under Force distances so YMMV.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby rusch_bag » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:13 am

I never saw that discspeed post. Funny. You don't like this product so obviously you are bad. More glide isn't always a good thing and either is super straight. Very hard to get a disc to land where you want it to if you have to throw it exactly perfect every time you throw it.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby JR » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:52 am

Add to that total insensitivity to unclean releases and you get the Axis. And why i don't bag it.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby jubuttib » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:52 am

Jesse B 707 wrote:
victorb wrote:

This.
Those MVP mids are ok, but nothing near the greatness of a plain old DX Roc. Gtfo of my thread.
I have a Vector in my bag and don't throw any Rocs, and even I think it's idiotic to straight up compare the Vector to the Roc. The Vector is a great disc and could be a better choice than trying to hunt around for really overstable Rocs, but other than that the Roc beats the Vector in just about every way due to it's versatility. The Vector does one or two things fantastically and is a very consistent disc, but the Roc can do almost anything fantastically and is also a very consistent disc. If only I could actually throw one without it feeling like an *insert a really uncomfortable feeling thing here*.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:33 pm

So i'm the king of finding flatter Vectors which vary among themselves one being like regular domey ones in flight path. And the one i sunk in Holland was a straight long flier. Domey Vectors are consistent.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby mzuleger » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:52 pm

I sold my 01 usdgc roc last week and have my 02 and 03 on ebay now... hope I don't regret it but i know I'm never going to throw them. trying to get rid of the "collector" stuff.
mzuleger
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: I have issues.

Postby Fightingthetide » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:14 pm

I remember seeing a chart someone made telling what weight Roc you should be throwing based on how far you throw them. Can anyone fish that up for me?

I just ordered 3 DX Rancho Rocs to try out for my mids. I have 2 beat D MD2's that have convinced me to return to base plastic mids. They flip up on a hard throw, track right and finish straight on a finesse shot, and work really well on tunnel shots. Is this what I can expect from DX Rocs once they break in?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment