Bag Advice

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Bag Advice

Postby AbstractLogic » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:32 am

I've been playing for about 1.5 years and I've gotten much more serious in the past 6 months. I'm still developing my form, but as far as power I can consistently throw 280'-320' with my drivers and up to 350' occasionally.

Here is my bag along with a little commentary on each disc. I'd appreciate any suggestions where noted.

ALSO: I'm considering a PLS to compliment my JLS. I hear pretty good things about them, but off the bat would it seem as if there would be too much overlap?

1. Stable Control Drivers
166 MJLS - Hyzer flips and low ceiling shots

2. Distance Drivers
172 GL Flow - Very straight shot when i can throw it hard enough It may take a bit of growing into but I'm pretty satisfied

3. Understable Driver
170 SOLS - a Little straight than my SOLF

4. Moderately Overstable Driver
171 SOLF - Main driver and line shaper. Very satisfied with it so far.

5. Very Overstable Driver
171 DGA Champion like plastic Tsunami - My arm may be a tad weak for it but I find it pretty overstable. Could use suggestions for something a tad easier to throw

Mids:
177 Proton Axis - straight shots with minimal fade up to 250-300'
180 Eclipse Vector - Flat, used for shots that need more lateral movement than axis.
180 Proton Vector - Domey as all hell. Stands up to wind and is very overstable. More a niche Disc

Putters:
176 S Proton Ion - Shorter upshots, sidearms or shots that need some fade.
176 M Eclipse Ion - short to moderate drives when I need something more accurate than a mid. I always have better luck driving with MVP medium plastic
172 S Eclipse Anode - Putter
AbstractLogic
Noob

Favorite Disc: MVP Axis

Re: Bag Advice

Postby JR » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:08 pm

I haven't thrown the PLS but you already have plenty of drivers especially for your power so adding another might be overkill. If the PLS replaces the JLS there wouldn't be that many disc selection errors. You have good discs and a good bag as long as you don't have grip issues in moist conditions.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby AbstractLogic » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:40 am

Thank you, I appreciate it. Are there any drivers you would suggest as an easier to throw Tsunami? I like the flight of the disc, but I'm wondering if I should develop into it, or disc down to something.
AbstractLogic
Noob

Favorite Disc: MVP Axis

Postby JR » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:05 am

I haven't thrown a Tsunami. There are varying sorts of Eagles and PDs. Some of them might work and the PD goes farther so that may be the way to go. If you like the overstable finish the S-Line in less than max weight might fit the bill. Great wind beater when new and doesn't break in fast.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion