Valkyrie mold change

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Valkyrie mold change

Postby victorb » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:43 am

Ok, so maybe it was a fluke run, but every single champion valkyrie I picked up at my play it again sports was a plus mold. I knew all of the pro valks were going to be molded that way, but why make changes like that unannounced? I was pretty irritated, since I was going to try the valk out as my distance driver. I couldn't quite tell since they only had one, but I suspect the star mold has been changed too.

I really want to continue to throw some of innovas discs, but the plus configuration doesn't work for me at all, so I won't be putting the valk in my bag. Luckily, the other innova molds I throw already have known +configurations, and are much easier to spot. The fact that the valks weren't announced as plus configuration in champ (not to my knowledge, at least) leads me to believe that it isn't going to be an alternate mold like the teebird+ and roc+ continue to be.

(Mods, if this is already a known issue with discussions going on, feel free to delete/lock this thread, thanks)
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: Valkyrie mold change

Postby JTdisc » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:05 am

Hmm, good to know. Was thinking about picking up a champ Valk soon.
JTdisc
Noob

Favorite Disc: Saint

Postby keltik » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:25 pm

I think some time late last year/early this year someone on DGCR said something about finding plus mold Valks. I'm not sure how I feel about the plus mold. I like their classic configurations just fine.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby inthedrift » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:45 pm

In the past year I've purchased new Star Valks that have been both + mold and regular. I haven't seen any Champs that were + mold, perhaps they're axing the regulars all together?...
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby victorb » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:42 pm

inthedrift wrote:In the past year I've purchased new Star Valks that have been both + mold and regular. I haven't seen any Champs that were + mold, perhaps they're axing the regulars all together?...

That's what it appears like. Any information from innova would be nice. It's not like the valk is some niche disc that doesn't sell...it's probably one of their most popular drivers (especially since places like MC Sports and Dick's sporting goods carry them)
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby KelReeves » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:58 pm

I picked up a Champ Valk that had a plus rim last year at a Acadamy Sports. I was they only one there that I could find in my preferred weight range.
KelReeves
Noob

Postby jubuttib » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:54 am

victorb wrote:Any information from innova would be nice.
HA!
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Return to Equipment