2012 Ace Race?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

2012 Ace Race?

Postby Codester101 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:26 am

Has anyone received info about (or better yet, thrown) this yet? The site hinted that it may be a driver this year, but that's about all I know.

People's best guess as to what it may be?
Codester101
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: The one I can find.

Re: 2012 Ace Race?

Postby discpunk26 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:30 pm

That hint is all we get until August 1, then they tell us what we will get, and give us a rough idea of how it should fly.
discpunk26
Noob

Favorite Disc: firebird

Postby money 21 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:49 pm

any guesses? Just for fun and a shot in the dark the hole i see in the discraft line up would be between the preditor and the hornet. a stalker os :D
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, sharp shooter #2, trak, ascent, seacert weapon, vulture, unlace, lace, olace, solace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby turso » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:40 pm

I heard a rumour that it's gonna be a Ninja discraft style.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby AcesAZ » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:23 am

money 21 wrote:any guesses? Just for fun and a shot in the dark the hole i see in the discraft line up would be between the preditor and the hornet. a stalker os :D

Xtreme, Reaper, Talon?
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Shark

Postby AcesAZ » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:29 am

turso wrote:I heard a rumour that it's gonna be a Ninja discraft style.

An 11-12 speed ultra understable disc? A faster avenger SS style I could see. I have an ESP Avenger SS that I carry sometimes, I plumped up the dome and wing a bit to make it slower and less flippy. Thing is a slow consistent gradual right turner now. Works great on certain holes where you need a slow turn all the way.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Postby money 21 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:03 pm

AcesAZ wrote:
money 21 wrote:any guesses? Just for fun and a shot in the dark the hole i see in the discraft line up would be between the preditor and the hornet. a stalker os :D

Xtreme, Reaper, Talon?

all oop, you forgot the x2 and the xtra also oop. the one thing discraft lacks is the great thumber disc IMO the pred and flick will work but a blunt nose like the firebird banshee xxx trident are better again IMO
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, sharp shooter #2, trak, ascent, seacert weapon, vulture, unlace, lace, olace, solace, Prometheus
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Postby AcesAZ » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Im not a proficient thumber thrower but the Flick I have has a very blunt nose and is very overstable. I also was just trying to make a point that they've had numerous discs in between the Pred and Hornet but none have sold well enough to still be in production.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Postby dgdave » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:17 pm

The flick is one of the more sharp discs out there. Not really blunt.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby money 21 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:32 pm

AcesAZ wrote:Im not a proficient thumber thrower but the Flick I have has a very blunt nose and is very overstable. I also was just trying to make a point that they've had numerous discs in between the Pred and Hornet but none have sold well enough to still be in production.

the flick is very sharp.
I agree the they have had alot of discs in the spot. i also think that it is he only hole in there line up which was my point. the tracker comes close but is not quite wind resistant enough.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Postby AcesAZ » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:32 pm

I have thought about it more that with the continued growth of the sport and sales, they should probably bring out another disc in that range. Something with a 1.6-1.7 rim. I misunderstood blunt and sharp. ;) Yes, the Flick is very sharp.

I do however think they could use a Mamba/Ninja style disc. Innova is selling the crap out of the Mamba. Great distance for slow arms. They have a ton of understable FWys (XS,XL,Xspress, Glide) but really only the Nuke SS and Avenger SS in the high speed range. 1.9 and 2.5 rims from memory. Pretty big gap there. I really think a 2.2 would do well. And dont get me started on the Spectra, it only comes in that one plastic. Very poor marketing IMO.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Postby money 21 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:09 pm

something in the speed 10/11 range between the surge ss and the avenger ss would be useful. may be redo the spectra and release it in the regular plastic lines. I wonder if one of the ace race discs will be ti?
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Postby AcesAZ » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:26 pm

Could be, The full color flower graphics just never caught my eye with the spectra, yes I know they have other ones too. But supposedly its a Z plastic (never held it in person) I bet the current mold would be fine then for Z. Thats actually a disc I would consider without the stupid flowers and $20 price. 1.0 stability with a 2.2 rim. Good long bomber.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Postby JHern » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:04 pm

They have one of these, it's called the Cyclone, and it's the best-selling disc of all time.

Speaking of which, we should start a movement to have them run the X-Clone again, in rigid ESP plastic.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby money 21 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:59 pm

JHern wrote:

They have one of these, it's called the Cyclone, and it's the best-selling disc of all time.

Speaking of which, we should start a movement to have them run the X-Clone again, in rigid ESP plastic.

the x-clone was great and would fit the bill. the regular cyclone is nowhere near overstable as i am thinking of.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Next

Return to Equipment