ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

Postby Booter » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:41 pm

man i have the best mailman ever! he just stopped by my house after finishing his route and dropped the box off! figured it was a shame for me to wait lol
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Booter » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:58 pm

heres some pics of it compared to a loaded mahal

always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby eky8 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Came home from vacation yesterday to have my bag waiting for me. Super excited. I can't believe how fast that got to my house. I wasn't expecting it so soon. Transferred all my stuff from my lat. pro bag straight across to my new bag. Everything fit with tons of room to spare. I just had the main compartment and putter pockets filled in the pro bag. And I'm doing the same thing with this bag. Fits very comfortably and really carries the weight well. Unfortunately I won't have a chance to try it out on the course until next week. But I love the bag. It's exactly what I was looking for in a bag like this.
eky8
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: The last one I dyed

Postby warobert » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Pics are killing me! I can't wait until the grey ones get done.
Mark Ellis wrote:Myth: Climo could beat you with a trash can lid.

Truth: Climo could beat you with a trash can lid left-handed.
warobert
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: teebird

Postby RustyP » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:58 pm

B-R-I-G-H-T!! :D
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:05 am

How do the two dividers (the ones with velcro) go in? I'm an idiot.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Booter » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:19 am

they go in with the larger velcro end towards the back,small velcro end point towards the front
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:47 pm

Got a lot of interest in this bag, most of which was how big it was and also how much it was.
Frank Delicious

Postby kern9787 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:27 pm

How does the material feel? Does it seem like it will be fairly durable? (I know the choice in material was a concern for some people).
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:53 am

It seems really durable.
Frank Delicious

Postby Varsi » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:22 am

Here's a couple of meaningless macro pictures. You'd need something sharp to get through the fabric (I don't think sharp sticks count) and the stitching looks good as well.

Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby Booter » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:55 pm

yes the quality definitely seems there for sure. feels durable and well made. double stitching at the stress points too. ive already put mine thru a monsoon and the rainfly worked great! only thing that got wet was the ubcovered straps. the vinyl? bottom makes waterproof on the bottom so it doesnt get all soaked up :)
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby warobert » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:58 pm

Just to get my opinion out there, I caddied 3 rounds at worlds for FrankD with this bag loaded down and it exceeded my expectations. It rode well and was cool on the back during long hot rounds. props to prodiscus for making a bag that was easy to carry even when loaded up and that fits a fat kid
Mark Ellis wrote:Myth: Climo could beat you with a trash can lid.

Truth: Climo could beat you with a trash can lid left-handed.
warobert
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: teebird

Postby RustyP » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:57 pm

I've used mine for 4 rounds now, and I'm loving it! Seems very sturdy, and the optional velcro dividers allow me to carry it partially loaded without my discs leaning or moving around while walking between throws. I carried it almost fully loaded w/ 25 discs for the first few rounds just to try it out, and it still rode very comfortably (I typically carry no more than 18). For the last round I only carried 14 in the main compartment (+3 putters on top) and used the dividers to keep my discs pushed against the sides, which made for a nice middle compartment where I stuck my hand towel and birdie bag. I'm really looking forward to using it at a tourney coming up....lots of room for snacks, extra towels, back-up discs, etc!

Has anybody tried putting a camelbak or other hydration bladder in theirs yet? I'm curious how it would ride...

The only thing that remotely resembles a down-side is something that I have a problem with on most backpacks (not just DG bags): I'm pretty short, so I have to cinch the shoulder straps all the way up in order for the weight to ride comfortably. This, along with the extra-wide straps, makes getting the bag on and off a little difficult, but I'm getting more and more used to it with each round. Certainly not a complaint, just something worth pointing out to all the other shorties out there :)

Great job on the bag, Kai! 3 of the 4 round I've used it for were at local minis, and it drew a small crowd each time! I've had a lot of people inquire about buying one in the future.
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby JR » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:31 pm

I'm glad that there are wide straps because when you go to a tourny and carry all the stuff you need it can weigh a lot and doing that for hours can have an adverse effect on the shoulder muscles. It is good that Kai listened to the customers. He might have put in wide straps anyway but you can blame me for that feature. After caddying for Feldy while filming blood flow was at times cut in the shoulders.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment