Over & Underrated discs?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Over & Underrated discs?

Postby money 21 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:55 pm

overrated the pd: I think it is a good disc but it gets way to much hype.

underrated the zeppelin: if you take the time to learn the disc imo this is one of the most accurate approach discs out there,
ringer, aero, breaker, glide, sabre, valk, avenger, flick, helios, teedevil, halo
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby JR » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:18 am

I understand how the PD ain't always good when you get just one and play in calm conditions because there are plenty of other discs you can use to do the same things a couple of different PDs do. The great thing about the PDs (plural is mandatory) is that they can be made to cover every driver slot with power but of course understable ain't the forté of even the lightest P-Lines broken in. The windier it is the better the PDs get especially when you use heavy C-Lines. Once you get a rotation going with proper weights and plastics mixes for your power and the winds you encounter you'll see what the buzz is about. That mold needs commitment but with enough power and adjusted weights and carrying P and your preference of harder plastic it will reward you mark my words. Is a properly matched set of properly mixed new and used PDs the best way to go about building the driver portion of the bag is up to preference. The current world champion uses C PDs heavily. So it can be made to work and beautifully. I used a mix of PDs as my core drivers in 2010 but wasn't happy with the way the flat DGR P 158 PDs broke into too flippy in 3 months. Beasts thereafter with Rivers for shorter more understable stuff. Naturally i had longer bomber discs than the PDs all the time.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby money 21 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:21 pm

like i said i think the PDs are good discs people make it sound like adding some to your bag is worth at least a 20 point bump in your rating before you have ever thrown them. I would put forth that the olf is just as good and comes in as many plastic the avenger as well.
ringer, aero, breaker, glide, sabre, valk, avenger, flick, helios, teedevil, halo
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby JR » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:09 pm

money 21 wrote:like i said i think the PDs are good discs people make it sound like adding some to your bag is worth at least a 20 point bump in your rating before you have ever thrown them. I would put forth that the olf is just as good and comes in as many plastic the avenger as well.

Aveger ain't that good across the variants OLF almost is lacking the most overstable kind of PD CFR C overstability. A proper mix of PDs or OLFs or both together can certainly add 20 rating points over a poor choice of discs. In heavy winds the PDs have an edge over the OLFs. Both are in the top end for the roles they perform and it almost should be a choice of picking one or the other mold. Creme or creme de la creme for both molds.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Equipment