Comparison Credentials

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Comparison Credentials

Postby keltik » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:16 pm

I've finished behind ladies before. Not good memories.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby JR » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:00 am

Arms grow big in High Point. Nothing else to do? :-D Seriously the second place finisher in Big D8 comes from a place where the summer is about two months long and cool. Cross training opportunities aplenty.

NC courses are often tight and unforgiving. Keltik have you ever played a longer more open course in competition and have those round result been better? There are plenty of tight holes here and i usually do better against the best players of this continent on long open courses than the tighter courses. A result of inconsistency that in my case comes from not being in good enough shape to be able to always stand up straight on a powered throw. What i'd like to know is that do you throw stand stills or sneaking speed x steps with less reach back than normal in the tight holes or do you run fast and throw hard? The latter approach does often seem like a good idea to prevent the fade of a disc. At sucks scoring wise. It is much better to slow down and use a low fade longer disc powered down. That is why the Comet is so great in the Carolinas as are the Leo, the newer Star Sidewinders and Rivers.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby keltik » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:40 am

well one of my worst performances came at a course in South Carolina (Va-Du-Mar Park). It's a fairly open and long course (for the Carolinas.) For the tournament they put up a lot of OB and my discs seemed to land there most of the time. I carded a 9 on one hole just from being hard headed and wanting to hit that 375 turnover shot in bounds.

@JR: I can and will do all three. but if I'm on the tee pad I'm probably going full speed. I have kinda forced myself to slow down.

and my little sig thing on the side is serious. I do love the Polecat and I carry one.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:18 am

he's not great.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby JR » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:50 am

Open field with tight OB ain't open and that needs to be recognized just as your limits too. I'm a fine one to say that because i like to thunder down with lots of run up steps but reality has set in and at times i throw stand stills and more often take sneaking speed shuffle (not x) steps with limited reach back and at times even with limited arm chopping speed. My results have gone up on average a couple of strokes at least and i've gotten better personal course records as a result. While recovering from surgery. I am not joking settle down Beavis and slow the f down man. With all due respect. Open field ripping practice for more power, balance, coordination and trying to learn timing for faster shots and realizing the limits of brain processing power is good practice. You don't bring that to a tunnel. Or you pay for it and the scores show it. Are you a stubborn guy? I mean rating wise compared to your power you don't seem to switch styles or successfully doing that based on your rating. You seem to swallow penalizing holes eating you up too easily considering how much yo plough through with your current way of playing and throwing form. Ever thought of switching styles? Video critique time? We're here to help and i promise i'll go easy on you after this tough love wake up call. I mean nobody healthy and young should be rated 7 something indefinitely. I want your rating starting with 9 in two years? Deal?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby keltik » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:00 am

yeah Frank has seen me play on several occasions. he can attest to the suckitude.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:04 am

Keltik just needs to work on his inside 100' game and decision making abilities. He doesn't really need to slow down his run up or anything, his form is fine.

Also I don't know if him posting in this thread was really an invitation for critiquing his game. Maybe let the man do his thing.
Frank Delicious

Postby JR » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:47 am

No DGR member should be rated with 7 something for long even if it means they'll be able to challenge you in the years to come :-) There are better sites for the 7xx crowd ;-) I'm happy that his form is good because for an open mind changing mental approach to the game is faster than changing physical form. You should teach him risk and reward, shot planning and disc choices Frank while playing together. It makes so much more sense being on the course facing specific challenges than posting abstract stuff on the web.

For a closed mind i can only recommend castration, shooting and playing a different sport. This sport requires brains. No point in trying to teach suckers like that. Don't be a sucker is the best advice i can give. Asking for different approaches to a game and throwing with someone that throws differently than you and scores better should help. Here is a little something from a 5x world champ:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT_-SZa-Brw&feature=plcp[/youtube] I've come across not linking properly to Youtube properly on 3 occasions in two days now. They all have feature=plcp in the end of the URL in common. What's up with that?
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:14 am

edit out everything after the video ID man.

Also I remember to teach Keltik something in the once a year round we get together.
Frank Delicious

Postby JR » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:52 am

Any ideas about why those pclp ending URLs don't link properly when other URLs from Youtube work fine?
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:58 am

because the BB code behind the scenes can't parse the extra crap in the url after the video ID.
Frank Delicious

Postby money 21 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:15 pm

i can feel keltiks pain the course here in oregon are usually tight and unforgiving. last year I post the best tourney round of my life a 957 and at lunch the wind picked up and it started raining while other players were able to adjust my game fell apart and i put up a 809 in the second round posting a 10 on a par 3.
Sole, Summit, ridge, vp, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, lace, olace, solace,
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby JR » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:11 pm

I can relate too with tight wooded courses and slick skin. Missed a 10' or perhaps 8' putt in the rain in competition last fall with a soft Ion. Such an early slip that the disc didn't touch metal.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Previous

Return to Equipment