Just getting back into DG, mixed bag.

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby DiscSniper » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:38 am

I started DG over 10 years ago, but never learned how to throw properly or anything, just had fun with it.

I just started playing again about 2 months ago. I was amazed at the HUGE variety of new discs and brands available. I've also been in a quest to learn to throw correctly. Been watching YouTube vids and such. I still can't hit 300' with anything and I'm throwing all my drivers about the same distance, and the mids a bit shorter.

Here's the discs that make it into my bag:

P&A
168 Millennium Omega SS
??? Soft Rhyno worn
170 DX Birdie new

Mids
173 DX Shark beat
17? Champ Coyote new, but old. Just started throwing it.

Fairway Drivers
148 DX Eagle beat
??? Lightning #1 Slice worn
170 Lightning #2 Driver (floats for H2O)
171 DX Teebird almost new, but old
173 CE KC Cheetah worn (LOVE this disc!)

D drivers
168 DX Valkyrie some wear

And my stockpile:

Aviar P&A lightly used
Lighting Rubber putter
New Star Mako
Another old, new condition champ Coyote
DX Stingray
150 DX Cheetah
Glow Eagle new condition
DX Eagle new condition
168 Champ Eagle new
170 champ Eagle new, old
Dragon
Star TL new
171 Star Sidewinder Christmas Stamp!
2 champ Beasts 1 new 1 used(found)
166 DX Beast
170-ish Star Katana new

Honestly, I'm throwing mostly the 150 Eagle, Shark and Omega. Occasionally using the Slice as a woods driver or anhyzer line. I actually just learned how to hyzer flip this disk.

Anyway, I'm throwing some of the other plastic in field practice. The beasts just hyzer into oblivion no matter how I release it. The SW I can get to old a slight S turn line, but it's no longer thank the Valk for me.

The katana, well I bought that before I read up about all these new high speed disks not being good for those with low arm speed. It's been shelved for now.

So, tell me what you think!
DiscSniper
Noob

Favorite Disc: Eagle 150 class

Re: Just getting back into DG, mixed bag.

Postby JR » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:41 am

You might get by without the Lightning discs and that leaves you with too many drivers. Leopard is the straightest driver i've found and it can go well beyond 300' given enough power. The Eagle 150 is faster and fades more at your power. In time with more power the Eagle will get quite straight if it is an X mold. If it is an L mold it'll straighten up with less power.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby DiscSniper » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:26 pm

I know the Lightnings aren't well regarded, but I really like the slice and throw it with some frequency.

I'm not sure which mold the Eagle is, it just says Eagle and is about 10 years old. Even for me weakling arm, thrown flat it turns over a bit and then comes back quite predictably. It's probably the driver I throw 95% of the time right now. That may change as I've been throwing the Teebird very well in field practice...
DiscSniper
Noob

Favorite Disc: Eagle 150 class

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion